Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Yes have seen the brochure and very tempted for 2008/2009.

I think the prices are very good too, but she is a big ship and has a lot of space to fill ;)
She does look good though doesn't she ??

Kath x
The prices offered for this ship are unbelievable. I have my TA on standby to book the 14 night October 10th med cruise for 5 adults, my wife and myself, and our 3 young adults. The particular cruise we have chosen gives up to 2 additional free adults (or children) in a cabin where 2 are already paying. For a single traveller in a twin cabin the premium is only 40%.

The way we are doing this is to book a "lead-in" inside cabin for 4 adults (2 are free) and a single cabin for the other adult at 40% premium. Our TA is giving an 11.25% discount on the published prices, and all of this translates into 5 adults at a total cost of £3400, working out at £680 per head for 14 nights, yes just under £50pppn.....incredible, but true.

Once we get there the sleeping configuration will be myself and 2 sons in one, and my wife and daughter in the other.

The free adult/children deal applies on 7 or 8 of the 20 cruises listed in 2008, and the single premium is 40/45/50% on 16 cruises and 55/60% on the other 4 cruises. Bookings commence on monday 2nd April.
Hi Hamraq,

The free children/young adults discount is certainly amazing. We are ready to book for the Norwegian Fjord trip on June 13th 2008. We are doing the 7 night cruise because we are not allowed to have any more than that off the children's schooling, so this suits us fine.
Again, if we go for the basic interior cabin for the 4 of us it works out roughly £1300 for a family, and for a week full board on such a magnificent ship with all her facilities will be fab.
We will however pay the supplement and go for an outside with balcony cabin. Roll on tomorrow when it goes on sale.
I wonder if there will be a rush ..... hope not :lol:
Well finally after 3 hours yesterday, I managed to speak to P&O and booked our tranquil fjord cruise on Ventura. The lovely girl on reservations said they had been non stop from opening, and the internet site had crashed!

So we booked a cabin for the 4 of us with balcony for £2000 in total, which we were happy with.

Did anyone else have any joy booking their Ventura cruise?
Well done, and this is a good price for 7 nights balcony. We got booked on the Ventura too, but had our TA deal with it on Monday. She confirmed our booking on Monday evening, although the cruise is 18 months away!! We have 2 inside cabins for 5 adults at a total cost of £3528 for 14 night med cruise on 10 October. We have 2 other cruises before then, one is only 12 weeks away late june and the other in october 2007.

You will enjoy the fjords and, at that time of year it will be light virtually 24/7. We sailed there last year for a week too, this will give you a good flavour for the area.
Just back from Millennium and after finally wading through the mail I have a DVD of the ship must have a look at it. I don't think it may be for me because of the size but the pricing are fantastic. You could not find a land based holiday in a 4* hotel for this price.
I have done the Fjords back in 1998 and they are spectacular. It was a 12 night out of Harwich August and you will adore it.
The ship has so much to offer families rather than back in the 80's when I first cruised then it was mostly elderly and our 15 and 17 year old only had about 20 young people and this was in the Med. The CREW referred the Norwegian Fjords as the waiting to die cruise. Just look at all the wheel chairs lined up! Not so any more cruising is the biggest growing travel mode in the UK and next year RCI and X will base more than 20% of their fleet in Europe and sailing several ships out of the UK.

Enjoy!

Sue
I've booked for September 2008. :pele
Kath x
Hey Kath ..... Which cruise did you go for ?
Can't believe we have to book 1 year+ in advance, have not had this years cruise yet and have already booked for next!
Hope she is as good as she looks in the brochure...... or better lol
x
Canaries Cocktail - am looking forward to it.

18 months will soon go :rofl
kath x
Canaries Cocktail - am looking forward to it.

Kath - is that the on starting September 28th? I booked that yesterday, for our first P&O cruise, first ex-Southampton cruise, and first balcony cabin cruise! (hard to book anything else on Ventura...)
Yes it is Tom - see you on board!!!!!!

It's our first balcony and first main cruise from Southampton. (Have done some mini ones :)
What deck are you on ?

Kath x
It's our first balcony and first main cruise from Southampton. (Have done some mini ones

What deck are you on ?

C deck, in a JE, which we chose because it seemed a good balance of cost & location. Having booked it, I now understand (from comments on Princess-based forums) that the balconies on that deck are almost twice as deep (from the cabin door to the rail) as those on decks below or above. So we might have picked a really good cabin, quite by accident.
Oooooo spooky we are on the same Deck! We booked C for that reason. :)
kath x
May interest you to know that the design of this ship is the same as as the Star Princess with the exception of the skywalker nightclub. Even the cabin numbers are the same. I thought it looked familiar when I received the Ventura brochure.
The Ventura is doing a new 2 night cruise on the 2nd April to Zeebrugee starting off at £199 for inside cabin.
It looks like there is room for another cruise after that new one as well..
I wouldnt be happy if I was one of the people who had booked the Maiden Voyage. (Im waiting till later in the year then hopefully all teething problems are sorted lol). I feel this takes the excitment off it for them.

How can you have a cruise before the Maiden Voyage?? :que

Kath x
RCI did the same with the Independance slipped two cruises in front of the sell out maiden, nice little earner.
I have pre registered for the 2 nighter so hopefuly will get it at £189 with ThomasCook
I was told the OS will be £239
Its not a bad price and a nice litle taster before we go ahead and book our biggie for October
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.