Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
OK so it sounds a bit long-winded, but what about flying to somewhere in Europe and then flying on to Crete ... for example using Hapag-Lloyd to fly Manchester - Stuttgart and then flying Aegean from Stuttgart to Heraklion (I believe both fly daily)?
I doubt that you'll find a Sat-to-Sat package to Crete because the charter flights tend to mainly be on Tuesdays for Chania and Tuesdays and Fridays into Heraklion. In addition, you'll find limited flights into Chania on a Monday and into Heraklion on a Thursday and Sunday but most of these will be from Gatwick. You'll probably need to use a scheduled service for Saturday flights and could potentially do a DIY but a lot of the hotels etc will only do Tuesday-to-Tuesday or Friday-to-Friday bookings because of the flight situation.

Crete simply isn't a good destination for Saturday to Saturday bookings.

SM
BA now fly Manchester-Heraklion but it doesn't seem like there are any flights available for the Saturdays you are looking for - I'm guessing the 13th and back on the 20th - may be worth ringing them to find out if they're booked, whether they fly on saturdays at all and whether tickets may be released at a later date?
Thanks for the help guys

It just seems crazy to me that you cant get a package deal Sat-Sat
Going during the week means i have to use extra days holiday at work but never mind will see what i can come up with

Thanks again

Kitten
Most package holiday destination airports have one or two days a week when flights come in from a specific country - it makes it easier for the tour companies to organise the accommodation and the reps aren't constantly at the airport etc.

I think Rhodes and Kos have Saturday flights from the UK and I know Kefalonia has Sunday flights.
try fleetway travel they build to coustomers requirements.. they usualy do my holidays

wizard
We flew from Newcastle on Friday night at 6,45 don't know if theres a flight from Mancester the same time . we came back early Sat morning.
We flew with Kosmar
I am flying Sunday to Sunday from East Midlands with Thomsonfly, not sure if they will continue to fly there in October, we're off in just over 2 weeks time, best to check on their website.
Tinka14
we did a friday night flight from Manchester, thik we left at about 9pm and arrived home early hours saturday morning - very tiring though!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.