Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
i did hear something about a noisy hotel in valletta next to a nightclub where people were complaining.but odds on its palm court..
My Lira would be on the La Vallette in Paceville, just a hunch might be wrong, it probably won't be in Valletta as it is very quiet at night and as far as I know there are no nightclubs any more, could be somewhere in Bugibba / Qawra but maybe not Palm Court as it has been on before, and must admit I have read all sorts about this place but can't recall reading about noise.
  • Edited by Sliema2 2005-08-16 19:40:13
La Vallette & St Georges Complex?????
Quote from yahoo TV listing...>

Post edited for copyright reasons
David HT Mod
Hi Folks,

I'm intrigued. Can someone let me know where this hotel is? I'm on hols in Malta at the moment so might pay this place a timely visit,

Trev
Informed sources tell me that it is the La Vallette Hotel in Paceville
Still think it's the La Vallette in Paceville, not long now to find out, will post back here as soon as the mystery is resolved.
  • Edited by Sliema2 2005-08-16 19:40:55
ITV's website has confirmed this today.
It was the La Vallette in Paceville, thought as much :roll: .
Well just seen it on the tele and what a place if that don't shut it down then nothing will, I remember Thomson holidays got out of there years ago its a bit like the Palm Court you only get what you pay for.

Dave
Who thought it was going to be the Diplomat?????

or was I seeing things??
La Vallette ...haha was nearly right i said in valletta new it was something like that... :oops:
We went there in Oct 2000 and it was pretty noisy then, but obviuosly no-where near as bad as during peak season, judging by the report last night. We won't be going back!
Having watched the programme tonight on ITV2 I am amazed that people with families go to a resort like St. Julians or Paceville. It just goes to show that people do no do any research before they book.

St. Julians and Paceville are renowned for being the 'nightclub' area of Malta and especially in the peak season will be teaming with young people who just want to drink the night away and sleep all day!

Families are much better catered for in Bugibba or Qawra.

Ok I know that the tour operators should shoulder some of the blame and point out that it is not really a family resort but in the end it does not take much just to do a little bit of research before booking. That is where sights like this are invaluable.

Pippa
Hello Pippa you may be right about the tour operators but they are in it for the money not your holiday, its the same if you go to the reps meeting all they are after is selling as many over priced trips as possible.
If more people took the time to read up on a resort like you say or even looked on this site if they could, then places that are not very good would close or in the case of this hotel be left to the 18-30 club.
T R H
Dave
Hello

I read your comment about families not staying in St Julians.

I very much disagree with you. It is not staying in St Julians that is the problem it is where you stay.

If you stay at the Intercontinental, Hilton, Westin, Corinthia or Radisson then you are in St Julians / St Georges then you can have a great peacefull holiday.

As a family we generally stay in St Julians and we like the resort a lot.

Stay in Paceville at one of the really dodgy hotels / apartment blocks and it can be really grim.
I stayed in the Westin, but the drive to it was ick, the Hotel was lovely, just you walk out the grounds straight into Paceville, on the weekend nights its so....busy, the young Maltese like to party, as do all kids!
Have been to Malta many times, went to this area as Hotel was the place I wanted to go. Hope this thing on telly doesn't but people off. The islands are special. I go on to Gozo and chill out. Just do research or ask someone who has been. I never recomend Malta as people say things about it. You either love it or not. But for me a couple of years of not going makes me yearn to go back.

jay
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.