General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I roll all linens. I find that in the heat the few creases they have drop out. Another tip is to hang them up in the bathroom when you're having a shower. The steam works wonders.
caz this topic might help you. HERE from a last year it was peeps tips and comments on packing linen clothes.

Angie.
I put everything in bags inside the case ie all underwear in one bag, all swimwear in another the same with linen trousers (laid flat) and it all comes out the other end fine! I then use all the bags for dirty washing to bring home. I find it makes unpacking really easy as well.
I think the problem with me is getting my head around rolling clothes as I always find it easier to fold everything, and maybe I haven't got the knack.

Had a look at the link Angie, and there was a tip about rolling things tightly, so I will try that.
Helen, I will also try the steam effect.

As I don't do skirts or dresses I thought linen trousers would be the most comfortable in the heat, but they do crease so much.

Thanks....Caz
I'm a folder. I pack some things on light weight cheapy hangers then it's just a case of hanging them straight up in wardrobe.
We never take suitcases...just backpacks... not only are they much lighter than a suitcase they're easier to pack...( :rofl and in the zipped bottom section we even take our pillow! LOL!)

Roll everything...ie 4 vests...roll...elastic band around each end to secure. Swimmers roll in sarong..elastic bands around each end. I normally take a chemise type nightie just to put on in the room after shower etc...so in goes any underwear...roll..fasten. etc etc etc. THEN it's also easier to find things when on the move without turning out loads of clothes. Just find the sarong roll and know that your beachwear is in it.
I flat pack everything cos some of my stuff creases easily so only roll when I coming home and cant be bothered..
I do a bit of both. Tshirts usually flat, shorts/trousers rolled, dresses gently folded at the top of case just before closing lid.

My mum packs really strangly (or I think so anyway :think ) but she lays her beach towels open and flat in the bottom of the case with the ends hanging over the edge of the case, she keeps most things on hangers (ie trousers, dresses, tidy tops) then places them in case with the hangers over the edges .... with me so far .... she then packs shorts, tshirts, shoes underwear and toiletries etc in the middle of case and then folds the clothes with hangers and the towels over it all in like a big parcel. Mum says that nothing gets creased and everything is ready to put away once she reaches her destination.
folded all nice and neat on the way there..and stuffed in any old how on the way back as it is all mucky by then and scrumpled etc! :rofl
I do both really, depends on how much space I have....hehe...
I'm with srhjnmgn's mam. I open my case flat, put my beach towel in one end so that the middle of the towels in the middle. I then put my clothes in flat with my 2 pairs of linens on the top. I then fold both ends of the towel over the clothes then secure with the flastners. All other bit's n bobs go in the 'top' half of my case.

When I get to the apartment I simply hang everything up. I've just got back from the Algarve and wore my linens without having to iron them :tup
I always open up a plastic bin liner or charity bag and line my case with it just like the others do with a towel.
I have done this since we ended up the cases that were soaking right through after been put on top of the truck thats brings them from the plane in a thunderstorm. :yikes
I used to fold, but I find it easier to roll now! :)
I'm a roller...think you get a lot more in than you do wih folding :)
I used to fold everything until I dubiously gave the rolling a go. I now still fold most of it but find the linen trousers come out much better rolled.
i roll too i seem to fit more in rolled aswell
I've always been a folder but I might try rolling next time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.