General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You can usually only take one bag onboard,when we have travelled with just hand luggage I have bought small travel bottles of shampoo,conditioner ,hairspray ,deodorant etc and put them in a small resealable bag,I then take a small handbag that will fit into the larger bag so that I have a bag when I need one.Travel size toiletries are available in most supermarkets,I bought mine in our local Tesco just a couple of weeks ago.Hope this helps,T.
Obvious when you think about it. Problem slightly caused because I'm not going away with hubby; going with daughter and have suddenly realised I have never flown without him by my side to calm me down. Only four weeks to go and I think I'll be a nervous wreck until I get on the plane. We've always done the planning, booking and packing together and although I have been away without him, this will, as I have said, been the first time I've flown and left him at home.

Rosalyn
You'll be fine,I have travelled on my own and also with my youngest son,my husband usually just takes me to the airport.T.
I quite often travel with only hand luggage and it is usually just 1 piece. I have a small case and slip a small handbag into the front pocket. I have been a bit naughty at times and worn a small shoulder bag under my coat for passport, tickets money etc. You won't be able to carry any sharp items and as someone else has mentioned I put some travel sized toiletries into a clear bag. If you are staying in a hotel they usually provide some toiletries anyway. You can also buy them in the duty free lounge before boarding. I find the 10kg allowance for Ryanair plenty for a long weekend. I think Easyjets cabin baggage allowance is only restricted by size and you being able to lift it into the locker.
I think that the main problem with travelling with just hand luggage is being able to get it into an overhead locker,so many people travel this way that there is not always enough room for everyone'.Try to be near the front of the queue when boarding,those at the back may have trouble fitting their luggage in and have to sit with it by their feet,not ideal.T.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.