General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Padlocks
12 Posts
I don't know if they have them out yet, but Asda usually have a 'holiday shop' type stand in store and you can usually find the small padlocks there. They are usually near the checkouts (well in our local store they are).

Good luck.
strange i got a pack of 6 from poundland last year all the same size and best of all all the same key [saved carrying 4 keys around]
Thanks for both replies, i am going to Asda tomorrow evening doing my last weekly shop until we come back from Goa :)
I'll call into the other poundshop on my lunch break tomorrow, as i only tried one shop, and there are a few different poundshops near me

Thanks again

Nicola
If there is a Matalan near you, they tend to have a holiday stand in store with items such as these.
I got some from our local 99p shop!!! It's like Poundland only cheaper! :D I got small ones but good ones as you'll find most of the designed for luggage ones you can open in 2 seconds with a paperclip! (try it)
I had to buy some in Sharm 2 years ago when ours were missing on arrival.I bought them from the supermarket underneath Macdonalds and they have been great.They are quite small but very strong.They cost 27LE EACH!.
cable ties work really well too and are often harder to remove than some of the paperclip padlocks, remember to take spares in your hold baggage for the return (but not in hand luggage)
NeilTheBeaver wrote:
cable ties work really well too

Cable ties do work well, but remember you're not allowed to take scissors in your hand luggage to remove the ties when you arrive at your hotel. If your suitcases have zipped pockets at the front/side, you could always pop some scissors or nail clippers in there, but risk having them go missing in transit (obviously because you won't be able to secure that pocket).
Superdrug have a good holiday section which usually sells suitcase padlocks, also Boots and most large supermarkets - Tesco, Morrisons, Asda.
Hello, i have had some success, i found some in a different pound shop in the town centre about 5 mins before it closed :rofl

Thanks everyone

Nicola
Tescos had them on the shelves this week. £1.99 for two combination locks.
Oh got a double pack last week in our local poundland, they were combination locks which we have found are safer than the key type (see post above re paper clips) and they are quite sturdy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.