Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
pain killers
8 Posts
No problems with taking pain killers with you Mari. I'm like a chemist when I go on hols- I like to cover every eventuality.
Pack any medication (pain killers) in suitcase. Take it with you. Nothing worse than walking around trying to find some and some chemist shut in the afternoons, I think.
Its best to put all medications in your hand luggage just in case your suitcase goes astray!
Do note the following advice if the painkillers contain codeine
http://www.greece.embassy.gov.au/athn/medication.html
hi...think there is something about not taking codiene...cant remember properly now...but I used to have to take tablets that were a mix of paracetamol and codiene...and thats how I have idea that you cant take it to some countries...so if you use tablets with it in check it out....tweetie
Jay, exactly. If you need medication daily then you should take it in hand luggage and follow the airline/airport guidelines and possibly take your prescription with you as proof that you require the medication. If there are delays you will need it with you.

I was simply suggesting a pack of parcetamol or ibuprofen for headache/migraines could be packed in a suitcase. I always carry a small pack in my handbag, which is almost empty, in the packet I bought them in. Better to have extra in your suitcase.

Codeine is classed as an illegal drug in Greece, so you wont be able to purchase formulations with it. Certainly avoid taking it, and take an alternative pain killer for headaches with you.
I take Paracodol,which includes codeine, and have taken it to every country I have visited,including Greece without any problems.
I always take a copy of my prescription but have never been asked to show it. :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.