Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Nicola,

We go every year in september usually from the 5th or 6th, the kids are back at school then.
We have always had scorching weather with maybe 1 cloudy day, but even the evenings are warm enough to go out without cardi's. I think it's a great time to go, we have been doing this for 5 years now at the same time of year.

Hope this helps you decide, enjoy.

Deb. :sun2
Thanks Deb, that helped a lot.

I was thinking maybe June?

But i dont think June will be as hot as Sep, or as busy ?

We are still quite young, in our 20's so we want to be going to a few bars most nights.

Thanks again

Nicola
Hi again Nicola,

We have been in june a few years ago, it was as hot, but can't remember how busy it was.

As far as I'm aware, it starts getting busier nearer the end of june, but someone could correct me if I'm wrong.

We are going end of may for a week, we done this a few years ago, & although it was warm during the day, it was a bit cooler in the evenings, but by no means cold.

Whatever you decide, have a great time.

Deb.
If you go end of June to early July it'll be very warm and not in the school hols which start about 23rd July!
generaly i ve found the weather starts warming up around mid may so mid june to mid july are the "pleasent" warm days ie not so hot you spend it all in the shade! and the nights are nice and cool too. Dont forget wunderground.com has all the weather for palma de mallorca from 1996 to now.
Thanks again for all your help everyone. I think we have picked the beginning of September to go, but just after the kids go back to school.

Also, i have read on this forum that Palma Nova is quiet, and most people end up walking to Magalluf in the evening.

We need to choose a decent hotel, something with a bit of luxury, but not OTT. Id say around a 3-4star hotel.
We aren't no snobs or anything, we just want a treat :) , we always stay in 1 or 2 star hotels in Goa, so we kind of slum it for a few weeks every year :rofl

I love the beach at Palma Nova, but also like the nightlife in Magalluf.

Id preferably like a hotel in close proximity to palma nova beach, but close to a few bars.
I dont want to be smack bang in the middle of Magalluf strip, as we are a couple and dont want to stay somewhere were young 18year old singles go :D if you know what i mean.

So if anyone can recommend any hotels or apartments that would be great.

Thanks again

Nicola
my husband and i stayed at the son matias beach hotel and we are booked again for this year in august. its a great hotel right on the beach. its got wonderful views. every room has a sea view. entertainment was quite good too with tribute bands etc. staff were very helpful and rooms cleaned to a high standard every day. tea facility in room. you can hire fridge and remote for tv with english channels also safety deposit box. nice walk to magaluf in evening. enjoy palma nova its lovely---NETSIE
I can't give a review myself yet because we don't go until the summer but we are staying at The Marina Torrenova hotel which is right on the headland and 400 metres from both Magaluf beach AND Palma Nova beach! It has very good reviews but it's on a hill but most people say the hill is fine unless you have walking difficulties!
I would agree with recommending the Son Matias, as you are not taking children , as they do not accept under 12s. We have stayed there twice and also several times at the Santa Lucia,which is very good particularly if you get a pool view room.
The Marina Torrenova hotel is a good hotel but very much a Family hotel with lots of children.
Sue
Hi Nicola,

I agree totally about Son Matias hotel, we have stayed there about 5 times now, it is a great hotel.

You can also book direct here
http://www.matiasbeach.com/web/

I have to add, they are not particularly the cheapest, but a lovely place to stay with very helpful & friendly staff.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck.
Deb.
Thanks everyone for your help, we are going to book when we get back from Goa mid Feb.

Has anyone stayed in the all inclusive hotel honolulu? i dont really fancy going all inclusive as i dont want to be stuck in the hotel all day, but i suppose it would be a good option as the alcohol in majorca isnt as cheap as it is in Goa, so maybe all inclusive will be ok?
Hi Why dont you stay in Magaluf, the hotel Sol guadalupe is great. Me and my friends have been staying there for years , and wouldnt stay anywhere else, ( except this end March when it's not open) (gutted)
the location is great only about 5 mins away from strip etc.
Hi Folks

Just a point about the Guadaloupe, we walked past there the other day and there are massive and I mean MASSIVE changes going on. I would be wary about booking anytime before June / July, because whilst I understand it's due to be finished in May, I could easily see it going over schedule, then you'll be sent wherever they can fit you in. To make things worse I don't think the Jamaica is opening at all this year as it's having a major refit.

The Sol Antillas is only a few minutes away (although 4 star) and the Sol Trinidad and Magalluf Park are even nearer to the strip, without being on the doorstep. If you're determined to go to Palma Nova try the Sol Cala Blanca which is also 4 star, but very nice.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Adam
Hi Adam, have just booked for the guadalupe before I got your message, When we where there last year, someone mentioned they may be doing up the pool area, Fingers crossed it will be finished. any chance you can keep me posted if you have any news .
we are also staying in Magaluf park in March will call in to see you. hope your kareoke is in good working order :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.