Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Feelthevibe wrote:
....what would be a good room and any tips for a more comfortable stay would be very much appreciated.

We had a private apartment in the complex - it was directly over the main reception!! As usual the owners over-egged the description, saying it was 'far from the noisy bit of Calangute'. :rofl The early morning pick-ups from particularly noisy coaches, whose drivers left the engines running, would wake the deepest of slumbers :(

Had to have the owner/agents switch the bedroom(overlooking road) to the sitting room(overlooking the pool) - a little better.

So, I'd advise getting a room on the far side of the pool - the block furthest away from reception....and the main road!!!
hi feelthevibe
we went to the palmarhina year befor last, befor we went i e mailed giles and asked for a room overlooking the back fields, we got room 410 fab views over the back and quiet too, asked the room boys for extra pillows when we were shown to our room the arrived that same day,
very friendly staff, just watch out for the extras they add on though, you get charged for a safty deposit box, charged for exchange of travelers cheques and taxes are add on for food and drink after breakfast.....
the night guard bengal tiger is sweet and very helpfull, the pool at the back i thought was best, near the loos and bar if you wanted a drink,
taxis outside charge anything from r50 to r150 into calangute, so a bike is better, the guys across hire them but haggle well!
within walking distance is currys bar thats fab, its like a beach shack inland, chaep and friendly
as fro tipping the room boys give the roomboys the tip personaly and anything else you wish them to have( look in your pms )

hope this helps
Thank you very much for the replies, I will e-mail the hotel and see about a room at the back, I love a lie in after a good honeybee session :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.