Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Passport photos
12 Posts
Wouldn't bother too much about that. Do you have any other ID with photo to back up.

I look nothing like my passport photo. Last time in US, immigration said I looked like a criminal. :rofl
Hi.

I've been in through Dabolim a few times and i look completley different to my passport, i've nerver had any problems.

You could always take your glasses of when you get to the desk if you're worried, it's not like you need to nip and grow your hair by a good 6 inches like I would need to!
:cheers
How are they to know that you do not ordinarily wear contact lenses and only wear your glasses when travelling? I used to wear contacts and only wore glasses on the plane. I now wear my glasses all of the time.

When I had my passport photos taken recently, I had a photographer take them, because my woolworth photographs looked odd. The photographer said that the passport office are rejecting loads of photos these days due to hair and glasses (narrow glasses like mine can cover too much of the eye), so I took my glasses off.

I think that with or without glasses you can still tell it's me.
I went to get pictures done for my visa in one of those machines but it kept saying THESE PHOTO`S ARE NO GOOD FOR PASSPORT, i thought what the heck im not applying for a passport just a visa so ive sent them away with my application.
i`ll let you know the outcome. still waiting thats been a week now...... :que
My brother printed his photos of his computer and sent them away with his visa and there was no problem his visa come back with no hic ups ..that was in march this year
We just stand in front of a white wall, and take a couple of photos of each other, then we print them off and cut them down to size, they have never been rejected yet.
I wear contact lenses 24/7 but occassionally take them out and put on my specs. Ive been thru customs on several occasions with my glasses on and never been stopped/questioned.
irishcolleen wrote:
My brother printed his photos of his computer

We do usually do ours on the computer (and for friends) but the post office said the ones my friend took down weren't suitable that's why I did them in a kiosk this time.

sydney wrote:
How are they to know that you do not ordinarily wear contact lenses and only wear your glasses when travelling?

Good point - I didn't even think of that - double :duh :duh :rofl

Big Neil wrote:
I look nothing like my passport photo. Last time in US, immigration said I looked like a criminal.

I thought I looked reasonably good for my age UNTIL I had these passport pics done - they are dreadful. I look like my granny :( Please don't ask to see it if we get together at a meet :yikes
:rofl Fizzy no way do you look like your granny im sure your just a wee young thing :rofl
Now I know your just saying that IC so I will upload the pics for you all to look at - I hope you have had a few coffees before we do eventually meet up though, that way you won't be able to tell the difference :rofl :rofl No I don't really look like my granny ...........she was much prettier :rofl :rofl
Passport arrived back yesterday - pretty good going seeing as we had a bank holiday last week too - really impressed so lets hope that when I apply for my visa, they will be as quick :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.