Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Sliema2,

This hotel might have suffered the corner shop syndrome where the bigger concerns take over and it's no longer viable to continue trading. It may well happen to other small hotels unless they get bought up by their bigger rivals!

There might be other reasons but this is just a thought,

Trev
Ghodwa Tajjeb Trev, yes you might be right, new brooms often sweep clean, it's a shame though as this was a really convenient and friendly little hotel, it was a reliable and trustworthy option to keep in the back pocket for those times when hotel prices are going through through the roof or when our other options weren't available.

Ciao for now
Sliema2
Yep Sliema2, great minds think alike. We are also conscious that as the big boys start to charge too much as they corner the market, we would also be looking for the small but friendly option. We're beginning to warm to the small and friendly anyway because they tend to offer more in the way of the local culture than the larger hotels,

Trev
Hi Trev, this place certainly fitted the bill on cosy and freindly, the smells that used to come out of the kitchen early evenings were mouth watering, you know the kind of smell I mean, meat, onions and garlic and fresh vegetables all simmering away with olive oil and herbs filling the air with it's delicious aroma, the same cooking aroma that you get if you walk around Sliema, Zebbug, Zejtun, or Siggiewi when the locals are slow cooking there evening meals, in fact the same kind of smell that will be wafting around our house later, I am doing patatas il-forn with our tea, not that I'm hungry you understand mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pie.

Regards
Sliema2
Hi Sliema2,

In recent times we have become vegetarians but we still enjoy eating fish so we are strictly pesco - vegetarians. We didn't eat any meat products during our August hol in Malta, and we found that there was more than enough choice of different foods for us. Just think of all the special foods that are available in Malta and I think you would agree that many of them are quite acceptable to the likes of us. We really enjoy all the different fish dishes cooked in their mouthwatering sauces - delicious.

I would say that Malta really is an excellent choice for pesco - veggies as long as they accept dairy products and eggs, as we do, as part of their diet.

Interestingly none of us had the slightest stomach trouble or the 'trots' which let's face it, could happen in any hot Country in Summer, but then again are we getting immune to some of their bugs anyway?

Trev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.