Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Penang and KL
5 Posts
Geri
Great report, two of my favourite places, though like you a couple of days in the noise and stickiness of KL is enough for me.
It's four years since I was last in Penang, I hope Batu Ferringhi hasn't changed too much. One of the main attractions was the amount of different places to eat. The Parkroyal had just had ( I think)a renovation at the time and was a lovely hotel.

Judith
Hi Geri - welcome back - and in one piece too!

Thanks for the info on Penang (and KL). It seems that everywhere changes so fast.

Penang has been on our hit list for a while, but not too sure after all the changes. The change that I saw in Malacca on my last trip makes us worry.

You seem to have enjoyed KL which is great.

Loved the comment
First night we fell into a drinking hole and later a fish spa. I even managed to get my husband to join me but after 4 pints of Carlsberg he's up for most things

The idea of "fell into a drinking hole" and then "and later a fish spa" and then "managed to get my husband to join me but after 4 pints of Carlsberg" made me smile - warped sense of humour perhaps :rofl

Cheers

Peter
interesting report. Good to hear what you thought of Air Asia.
Penang- I was there 8 years ago, also at Park Royal AND our favourite restaurant was the Net. Back then it had a tin roof- does it still have? Loved the banana rotis there :D
Hi Fiona

The Net is still very basic and ram shackle but the food and staff was great. We were there for Deepavali a Hindu festival and some restaurants were closed for that time.

Another restaurant that seemed to do well was the Jewel of the North. However, our waiter was rude and surly and he threw the menu and bill at us. My husband can be a bit tight when it comes to tipping and I have to prompt him every time to do it... but, he was under strict instruction not to here as I was offended by his behaviour. Our change was given in one ringgits. We never went back and their loss.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image