Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Unfortunately any member can use your avatar, unless you design one yourself, host it through your website and claim copyright over it.

Mark :D
OK, thanks for reply Mark. Here was me thinking I had this smashing little pic all to myself. It took me absolutely donkeys to find the exact one that no other member was using.
Most people try to find their own avatar if they can, because it is like your identity on a forum.

Sometimes newbies will inadvertently choose somebody else's avatar because it's easy to do, but usually when they get the hang of things, they want to find their own one too, that perhaps expresses their character better, or is more individual.

Of course problems can arise if people join, from different boards, but both with the same avatar!

I should think there are enough to go round though, judging from the amount I trawled through to find mine!! When I started I had Marcie from Peanuts...who does actually look more like the real me (but don't tell anybody!)
i thought,we could request,that our avatars,are unavailable,for other membres to choose.
have you requested this joolz?
it was a good few months ago,but one of the mods,definately offered us,this option.
cheers tracy
No I didnt, didn't know it was possible. But according to Mark (above) anyone can use your avatar. Copy cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
As explained, unless either HT or yourself hold the copyright over the image, it can be used by anybody.

what i meant was,van let us request, that our avatars,weren't shown in the gallery,so other members,could not choose, to use them.
if your avatar,is in the gallery,then it is there for anyone to use.
if you look in the gallery,not everyones avatar,is shown.
i know a few of us requested this.
hope this makes sense
tracy
Hi Tracy

Yes, you're right, Van did used to do this :wink:
As Van isn't around much any more, it's no longer possible.

Pippy :D
:shock: Hope it wasn't me Joolz! I've had this one since the year dot! or..well...since I registered and we learnt how to post our avatars :lol: :lol: O.H has always called me Betty Boop....! My hair is just like Ms Boops first thing in the morning too! :shock: There was a whole page of Betty's...I'd saved the link and went to find it to put it on here for you....but its been moved! I'll have a trawl through and see if I can find it for you :wink:
BACK! :lol: Found some different beach one's for you here...
MsBoopCLICKHERE

AND ...animated ones here.....
HERE
Scroll down to the bottom of each page and click MORE...if you see one you like right click and save to your desktop.....then send to Mark :wink: or Pippy :wink: ...and they will resize it for you if you... ask nicely :wink: :lol: :lol:
Even if we were to put your Avatar in the 'exclusive' gallery, this does not stop another member copying it and hosting it elsewhere and choosing it as their avatar.

Hey Pam7, no it certainly wasn't you, but hey I love your avatar nearly as much as mine. I've looked through the pix on websites you sent and there are some gorgeous little pix which I've downloaded. My daughter is a collector of Betty memorobelia (if I buy her it). [/img]
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.