General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
shorthaul when the inconsiderate person in front reclines their seat!
Yes, recling seats without checking behind to see if there are drinks etc. on the table and allowiing children to kick the seat in front without making any attempt to stop them.
Yes- kicking the backs of seats is annoying. Its not so much the child doing the kicking- its the adult not making any attempt to stop them!
Quite agree, Fiona - we all know that children get bored but adults should contol them. Also, now I think about it - people who grab the back of your seat when getting up! There have been times when 'whiplash' has come to mind (and not in a good way!! lol).
Or that old favourite pet hate regarding the people who 'twang' the back of your seat when they use it to hoist themselves up. :(
:rofl We posted together Prawn :tup
People who accidentally knock my feet when I'm lying fully flat in club world,I try to avoid this by booking row 15 on the 777 ,at this moment I'm in the lounge at StLucia and I've had so many rum and cokes they could probably kick me black and blue and I wouldn't notice , boarding my flight in about an hours time .
Fiona wrote:
I would think my number one is the cabin temperature. I can cope if its a bit on the cold side as I can ask for a blanket. However, more often than not its just far too hot for me. It just makes for an uncomfortable flight. What are some of your dislikes?

I can tell you normally fly club or something similar Fi :cheers seat reclining is my big bugbear, still feel it should be taken out of all economy flights of three hours or less.
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Or that old favourite pet hate regarding the people who 'twang' the back of your seat when they use it to hoist themselves up. :(
:rofl We posted together Prawn :tup

...unfortunately, if you have long legs it's virtually impossible to get out of 30" legroom seats without pulling on the seat in front - on short haul flights I'm normally well wedged in!!! :(
I don't know if it still applies but in days gone past [particularly night flights] cabin temperature, would be increased and air pressure lowed, these together would make passengers drowsy and more likely to sleep[giving the crew less work to do]
I’ve got a new peeve to mention...
Many planes now on long haul have video screens built into the back of seats to provide movies and games. These days they are touch screens.
That’s the bit I would like passengers who sit behind me to learn – the operative word is TOUCH.

Not poke, thump or whatever the idiots behind me do when playing Angry Birds, Millionaire or whatever it is.
And it is NOT always kids who are doing it. On a recent flight I had a really old guy behind me who simply could not get his head around the fact that the screen would respond to just a light touch.
For seven hours I had the back of my head vibrated roughly every minute or so by the daft muppet.
Glynis HT Admin wrote:

I grab very hard on the seat in front of me when I get up out of my seat to pop to the loo - but only if the passenger in front has reclined their seat.

The best approach to this is to grab the seat just as they're nodding off! :tup
cyprus100 wrote:
Glynis HT Admin wrote:

I grab very hard on the seat in front of me when I get up out of my seat to pop to the loo - but only if the passenger in front has reclined their seat.

:rofl
cyprus100 wrote:
Glynis HT Admin wrote:

:rofl sounds like a plan Shell. I am pretty short it's beyond me how others cope in these seats, I'm sure they must be medically unsound - the seats that is.
cyprus100 wrote:
Glynis HT Admin wrote:

I'm not the only one then ;)
But I NEVER recline my seat - so no revenge is needed! :que
I don't recline either. Maybe next time, on my way back from the loo, I'll hang on to the headrest of the seat behind me to propel myself forward to reach my chair. :tup :rofl
If I'm flying in economy on some airlines there is no way that I could get out of my seat without holding on to the seat in front, sorry but it would be a physical imposibility.
On short haul I agree there is no need to recline but on many of my longhaul flights along with just about every other passenger on the plane I recline my seat.

I agree with Fiona about the variations in temperature being a problem, on a Business Class flight I was so cold the flight attendant gave me a duvet from first though earlier on in the flight I had to take off my cardigan I was so hot.
andy66 wrote:
People who accidentally knock my feet when I'm lying fully flat in club world.

My heart bleeds for you!

#1stworldproblem springs to mind....

Just fly Virgin, far better layout...
How about when the people behind grab your (non-reclined) seat, but also grab your hair too?

Or the people who sit with their legs in to the aisle, and get upset when you (accidentally) kick them on the way past?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.