Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
PinUp,

I've been to the Philippines twice, and loved the countries. Both times I stayed around Cebu, and the islands around Cebu. Although my memory is a bit hazy, I would add:

It's a long flight - I treated myself to 3 nights at the Shangri-La Mactan Island (about 40 mins from Cebu Airport) to recover - well worth it!

The islands off Cebu are prettier, nicer, better beaches (from what I remember) although more geared towards independent travelling. I don't remember overly rating Cebu itself.

The Philippines Tourist Board in the UK is really helpful - I'm sure will provide lots of maps & tips - http://www.wowphilippines.co.uk/

Bohol - The Chocolate Hills - pretty stunning - try and fit in a visit.

Travelling is hard, predominantly by boat and jeepney - and time consuming. But always fund, and language is never an issue. Except, I find Asians speaking in an American accent quite disconcerting for some reason!

Mmm - bbq pork and an ice cold San Miguel. The Philippines are definitely the most underrated destination in Asia!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.