Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Mike Richardson wrote:
ME ASKING FOR HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

:really :rofl XX
Hi Mike have stayed there twice, good position ,2nd time requested a room over reception
these are bigger but have no balcony,the new block is very modern but also a lot more expensive,
breakfast plenty of choice eggs to order any way you like ,gets really busy at certain times,
great staff at reception very helpfull. All rooms have mini fridge and tea /coffee tray/kettle ect
would def stay there again,great big double beds.
annx :)
Mike we were there at the hotel and it was fine its in a great spot as you know and there is music on most night just outside the hotel ....I liked the PP and would go back again .....colleen
We stayed there too, one the whole one of the better hotels I would say. Negatives were that if you didn't get downstairs at a reasonable time for breakfast and before the rush then they often ran out of cups also the hot water for your tea/coffee would be just about tepid, they weren't very quick at noticing these things! Hopefully things like this have improved since then. The pool is nice although I think they could have done with more sun beds (some people were regularly hogging them early)! They may have got more sun beds now that room numbers have increased with the building of the extra block. If I remember correctly drinks at the bar were a little more pricey than other hotels. Comfortable, clean and in a good location, I liked it but I felt it lacked a little atmosphere. Having said all this if I was looking to stay at a hotel, I would consider returning if the price was right.

As Colleen says, there is a good bar with entertainment on most nights ( if it's still allowed) on the corner by the main road - you can use the loos at the Perola Do Mar. It's also near to the elephant shop (don't ask me which one as I think there seems to be hundreds) where you can change your TC's and buy most things (including your cigs) we used it a lot. :) Fizz

Just remembered - good egg chef, eggs any way you liked - particularly nice omlettes.
Dont rate this hotel at all. Wouldnt stay here again, just my opinion of course!
Hi Everyone

It looks good so far keep them coming.

Mike
We stayed here a couple of years ago and while its in a great position and the pool's very nice the rooms left a lot to be desired, we also had a lazy room boy and there was always food on the stairs from people's room service (could be there a couple of days). Not a patch on Kingstork.
We have quite a few reviews here- mainly fairly positive :)
first stayed here feb 2007 and again 2008 - loved it and would return without a doubt. we had been to goa twice before so knew what to compare it to,goan heritage and neelams the grand, and thought this was the better hotel.second time stayed in rooms above reception,no balcony but bigger rooms and thought they were very good.
Stayed here 4 times and only reason not doing this time is that first choice no longer have it in their brochure.
It does have some faults, re breakfast crockery and cutlery (how hard can that be to remedy?) .
Found all rooms but one we have had have been large and clean, beds are the best we have had in any hotel abroad.
mini bar prices are lower than poolside prices.
del
Stayed here once and never again but that was 3 years ago. We were in Block 5 - but perhaps its been pulled down now
IMO they should pull down the whole hotel - dont like it there, not one little bit :(
Stayed there 2007 & 2008 although it has a few minor problems compared to the other hotels in Goa and more importantly Candolim I think it is a good choice.

There will always be those who had a bad experience which is the same for all hotels, I would have stayed there again in 2009 but FC got too expensive so stayed at the Alegria de Goa which is another good hotel in a great location.

Location to me is the most important and PP has that, also if you take the receptionist chocolate you can earn a better room albeit not the new ones. I personally wouldn't stay in a room that faces the back of the hotel so suggest your friends ask for a pool view room
i was there in april the place is very good overall our room was a bit musty smelling but nothing to bad
the bathrooms were extremely modern even for the uk
we had a large flat screen tv on the wall and the air con was superb very quiet and set perfect
the bed was huge but like most not the comfiest
we didnt eat at the hotel often but the breakfast had a lot of variety including some indian food which was nice
all in all a well run place that i would go back to
to compare i have stayed at the highland hotel twice and the pheonix was far better overall
hope that helps mike
We stayed there 2 Years ago for 3 weeks over Christmas & New Year. Location is handy for everything and as it is set back off the main road is quite. We booked B&B and the breakfast were OK or by Goa standards, briliant. Good selection and eggs cooked as you wanted them. We did not take any other meals but were told the Christmas & New Year Meals (which were included in our price) were very good. Rooms were good size plenty of wardrobes etc and the whole place kept clean and tidy. Medium size pool with plenty of beds and shade and you can get snacks etc through out the day. We were advised to get on to the hotel and request a room overlooking the pool rather than be at the back of the hotel which proved to be a good tip as these rooms were brighter and offered a nicer view. The hotel has a web site which gives details of the email address. The hotel offered to coolect us from the airport (in a 4x4) which we accepted and charged us the normal taxi rate. There is a pub type bar in the hotel but there was never any noise. I am always a bit reluctant to recommend hotels but would suggest if the location suits you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!!
Thanks to everyone for your input as most of you know i live here anyway so it is not for me it is for some friends who are coming over at xmas, well it doesn't sound to bad for them.

Gemma what did you not like were the rooms painted green and white lol

Mike
No the room wasnt green and white :rofl but the bird pooh all over the balcony was a kind of greeny colour ... :yikes
There was no chance of sitting out on bacony 'cos a/c unit was there - and everthing covered in bird poo as Gemma says.
Yes, Gemma is right about that (sorry i had forgotten this detail). When we arrived we got the room boy to clean the balcony again as it was so bad. Didn't use the balcony during the 3 weeks we stayed as it got so messy from pigeon poo :yikes Fizz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.