Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Do you mean they have booked flights from the UK to Thailand from a company in Thailand?

Oh no. I guess it's fingers crossed and hope they are genuine. I believe the only comeback is via the Thai legal system (which is not a path they want to go down), or explore their credit card protection.

I personally would be visiting the travel section of the forums on http://www.thaivisa.com/ and posting the companies name to see if people there can verify the company (it's an expat based forum, many of whom live in Phuket).

I'm not preaching, but for long haul flights it's very, very rare that you can buy the flights cheaper abroad if they are for ex-UK departures. The airlines will only offer specials for UK departures to UK based travel companies, and only in very rare cases can these be undercut abroad (and then mainly by glitches in online reputed travel companies).
Hopefully it's not your flights to BKK and 'just' your internal flights tickets you are waiting for.

However, if it's the long haul tickets and assuming you know the name of the airline, I would be ringing the airline in the UK asking them if you have seats booked on the aircraft.

Let us know how you go and Good Luck.

Geri
Hi, cheers for the replies. It is the whole package we are awaiting confirmation for including the long haul flights. I would be more worried if the travel agent had simply disappeared or stopped returning our calls but he is constantly in touch and always answers his phone. He told us a couple of weeks ago that if he waits until 2 weeks before departure he doesnt have to pay taxes, I have no idea if this is true though.
He insists that it is all sorted and will be fine, my in-laws have used the same travel agent whilst in Thailand and had no problems. I cant find any negative press about them on the internet but we cant wait much longer so have decided to give him until tomorrow to sort this and then we will book another package and pay him a visit (he has a shop in Phuket)
Keep is posted Stace as it will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

luci :wave
Hi i honestly hope they have paid by their cc.
I think they may have been conned.
Anyone can set up a web site and claim they are a travel agent.
Hope i am wrong and they are legitimate.
They have been to the travel agents shop in Phuket and met the guy so know he is a legit agent. However yes I also fear that he is stringing us along and if he is we will be going to his shop anyway.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.