Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Thanks for the info Carmel

I will place this as a sticky topic

Biff
El Jardin up by the square on the hill.

Great food, wonderful service easy to walk past and miss - but try not to. Our favourite eating place ' try the sea bass in garlic!!
hi
El Jardin is fantastic as is Jackies ,also Sebastions is excellent for breakfast and other meals.
We like The Rhein - great menu del dia (either 8 or ten euro for 3 course with wine!)but its very busy and if you go in the evening or on a sunday its best to book. Amazing value and something for everyone.
Crocodillos - international food, very good service. The giant satay is yummy!
Chinese next door to crocs (sorry can't remember name) - great banquet
Meson del Rey- Traditional spanish style restaurant with lots of atmosphere
Carmel, is the Royal Gardens up by the square still there, they did very good food with entertainment as well, we used to eat there every night and then just keep our table on for the evenings entertainment.
Hi Londongirl,

The Royal Garden was certainly there last June when we were there. Went to the Neil Diamond Show with Mark Richie - he has such a good voice!

Have never eaten there - it always looks busy.

Less than 2 weeks to go now, getting excited!!

Carmel :D
Carmel we went to Santa ponsa 5 years running, mainly because of Mark Richie. It was great having a nice meal then watching his show (funny enough his CD is playing at the moment) the staff at the Royal Gardens always remembered returning customers and made you feel very welcome.Had a couple of lock ins there, lucky our appartment was close by. Have a great holiday.
Londongirl :D
Royal Garden still there except Mark Ritchie isn't - he is playing at Jardin de Luz and another place but I can't remember where.
I will be eating at Rey Don Jaime, Breakfast & Dinner in one weeks time, cant wait.
The Oak - just up from the beach and opposite Bar Rumba does great food, as does Pompey Chimes
We always found the Xaloc and El Ceibo the best. Can't wait only another 4 weeks for us :D
if you want a good breakfast they do them all day they are in the main shopping centre next to the canny lad, very friendly <Fran and Roy > full English +tea or coffee+juice 3.5 euros,,,,rob
L'oeste was our family favourite superb service & food
Carry on walking past Crocodillos & Scotch Corner to
find it :D
hi
we ate in scotts 5 times very good food big portions got bk today
Were in Magaluf (CAla Vinyas) July but spent some days in Santa Ponsa at beach. Tried Kelly on Corner for breakfast one day, brilliant value, liked Santa Ponsa so going next year.
Hi Glenn

We always enjoy Scotts - ate there 2 or 3 times this year. But our favourite has to be The Duke of York, we had some super meals there in June, real quality and good size portions.

A new place we tried was called Zyggis - up the hill going towards the Square just past Hogans Stand. A lovely couple called Colin & Marie have taken it over and we can highly recommend it. Not a massive menu but what they did was lovely and all home cooked. My husband says to mention the fabulous breakfasts they do - he reckons they are the best in Santa Ponsa - and he the fussiest person to please.

We only had one poor meal this time and that was at The Watering Hole - was very disappointed as it used to be lovely there, maybe they have changed chef, but the meal we had was diabolical, we complained but the waitress wasnt interested.

Sadsyndrome - have never eaten at Kellys - we always say we will but never get there. It always looks busy and we have been recommended it many times. A guy at our apartments ate there nearly every night and said it was super. Good choice with Santa Ponsa - you will love it there.

Carmel
Zyggis was new to us this year Carmel and I would highly recommend - lovely food cooked fresh and very nice people there. Wasn't in the DUke of York this year, but enjoyed it last year too!
We are just back from our first visit to Santa Ponsa and it wont be our last, we stayed at the Costa de Calma end in a private apartment and the area is blessed with an abundance of quality restaurants.
Il Olivo is outstanding - excellent just shading it over La Pergola and then Manolos and Amadeus. We also ate at Royal garden which was very good and the El Jardin but we thought this was a poor restaurant, the steak and wine weren't very good, perhaps we got it on a bad night. We also booked a warerside table at Dionis and although the meal was very good, the service was a bit slow and if you do not have a table on the waters edge then you have to stare over other diners to catch the lovely view, worth a visit though. Zyggis was closed throughout our 2 weeks.
Good quality daytime bar meals at the Glasgow and the Watering Hole. :D
Hi Ero

Glad you enjoyed SP - like you we prefer the Costa de la Calma end.

There is such a good selection of places to eat there you are spoilt for choice.

If anyone is interested I have put a load of photos together on You Tube - if you search for Santa Ponsa June 2007 you can have a look.

Hope you like them!

Carmel :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.