Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Places to visit
35 Posts
Fiona, I found a couple of pages from a Mumbai newspaper on places to see in Goa.. I'm sure birdwatchers and nature lovers will like to read this

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/MMIR/2006/08/23/MMIR_2006_8_23_20.pdf
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/MMIR/2006/08/23/MMIR_2006_8_23_21.pdf
It may have been mentioned and I missed it but you can also do an elephant wash and ride at sahakira spice plantation which you could tie in with Hindu temples and Old Goa. Or you could go to the must see Mapusa market on a Friday morning and then head down to Ponda for a nice relaxing tour of the plantation and an eat all you want buffet lunch for 350 rupees then onto a couple of Hindu temples. I also found Kemat was a much better croc. trip than Jake The Snake far fewer people on the boat where as when i saw the Jake boat there must have been 50 plus people on it and it looked ready to sink :shock:
we did the jake the snake :roll: when he says that if you see no crocs he will return youre money ,,he makes sure you see one :o 6hrs we went up and down that river,food consisted off spicey sausage roll things :( brought out 3 times during the trip,he was well informed on birds though ,didnt suit us but the bird watchers may like it.the crocs are good at avoiding him too .but i suppose a quick sighting before they go under water is still seeing one ,,well weve been there done that :lol: never again im afraid :D
We had a great trip with Jake The Snake only about 12 people on boat, snacks and drinks served throughout. Think it was about 1000rup Saw 3 large crocks. Wouldnt go again though, seen it done it etc
Ladyjan, have to agree wholeheartedly, you only suffered 6 hrs :!: :!: what a boreing waste of a day, My brother insisted we did this trip, then slept through most of it, until I shouted "There's one" everyone on the boat rushed over to our side, nearly causing the boat to capsize, [there wasn't one there] It cheered me up anyway :lol: :lol:
Hi Lin i remember you doing a trick similar to that on us coming back from grande island, we were all sitting minding our own business when you decided to fill a container full of sea water and throw it all over us from the back shouting PASS IT ON :rofl
That made me laugh thinking about that day, what a great time we all had, It was a snorkleing trip off grande Island and then a Bar-b-q on monkey Island, [we saw no fish or monkeys] but had a lot of fun,

Lin
To right we did.That was a lovely place to visit for the day,relaxing(for some that is) enjoyed it once i'd learn't to snorkel properly. :oops:
Saw a programme on Sky Travel Channel at the weekend. It was a american programme about somebody travelling in India. They were showing a train carriage with air conditioning and fold down beds. What put me off was they said dont put your feet on the floor. The camera panned down and there were cockroaches on the carriage floor. Is this common? Thinking of doing the Hampi trip. But not so sure now. Cant say if it was Goa or not as I was only half watching it at the time.
A sad fact of the matter is that cockroaches are EVERYWHERE in India The compartment you saw sounds like 2nd class a./c. what you want going to Hampi is 2nd class non a./c. as it,s a day trip you can have the widow down and watch India go by, in a./c. you cant open the window and it,s usually misted up or filthy on the outside. I.ve used both and been right down to Cochin and cant say I had any problems with creepy crawlies on the floor, but having said that, I would'nt walk about barefoot either!! Alan
Thanks Gramps. In fact I had been considering your Golden Temple trip but this might have put the wife off.
Went to Hampi last year with Daytripper,a good experience and well worth doing. As the trip both ways is during the day 2nd class without a/c is fine, I actually sat on the footplate in the doorway of the carrige and watched the world go by and a nice breeze it's a bit dangerous but hold on tight, also you tend to get a bit mucky with dust etc. No sign of roaches where I was but the loo's are some what iffy!
Fiona,
I didn't know where to post this.. but seeing I had posted a couple of links to wildlife in Goa on this post earlier.... here goes
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/birdingtrips/Goa/TripIntro.htm

looks lovely
dak
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.