Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hadn't you received any other documentation relating to this holiday confirming dates/times etc or was it all done by phone?

I'm thinking that if the booking was done by phone there might be the possibility of mishearing 13th for 30th for instance?

This won't explain your letter arriving after departure, but on last minute bookings it's normal for you to simply quote a reference number for both flights and accommodation.

I am not being negative here regarding your problem but need a little more information regarding the circumstances of your booking.
Thought the same as you Glynis, til I got to the bottom line where it said booked online. Which company did you use suga? Can you not print out the confirmation you would have received on line and prove they are wrong that way?
I think its likely to be a typo...13th instead of 30th...especially if its been copy typed sort of thing down a line. Why would they send confirmation AFTER the plane had taken off? Do you not have an email confirming your flight booking/times?
Mixter, a typo would have been 13 instead of 31. A spoken reservation could have been 13th not 30th. Numerous topics talk about getting confirmation after people have left for holidays, especially those who have had problems before they leave!!!

As I said below :wink: If this was booked online there would have been a confirmation sent. And if there was there should be no problem with compensation.
the actual holiday was seen on teletextolidays.co.uk but when ringing the number it was a little company called planet travel direct, it was all done over the phone, he said write all this information down i am going to give you, he told me the 30th as a flying out date and told me what time to be there and where to pick the tickets up from. i got a confirmation letter on the 15th july saying that the holiday was booked for the 13th july which was two before the confirmation.

sorry for the confusion
Sounds to me that there has been a misunderstanding on the date. 13th and 30th could sound the same if not pronounced properly.

When did you book the holiday? When they confirmed it back to you over the phone, did they mention the day as well as the date (e.g. Wednesday or Saturday)

Mark :D
I am not sure as my boyfriend booked it, if they got confused with 13th and 30 th i can understand that but the return date was the 6th august...there is no confusing august and july return :?

To be honest i am gutted that this has happened

But we are going to ring the company today to see if they got the letter if they have we are going give them 24 hours to sort it or else we doing a credit back on the credit card (we paid with credit card for the holiday) and then we are going book another holiday on saturday for next week :D
Just managed get in touch with the company after my boyfriend has been trying ALL day because the supervisor was 'busy' and they will ring me back wednesday but i dont think this is good enough at all, i have waited long enough

the service on the phone was appauling and the person i spoke to was very cocky and did not want to talk to me until i demanded that i spoke to the supervisor

im getting fed up now
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.