Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
Have a look on "Other Destinations" forums and you will find plenty of there about Sydney. Fabulous place, plenty to see and do, you will love it.
Hi

You have given very little on what you want is it beach sight seeing or what
Hotels what type budget or 5 star
What time of year are you travelling Give us some idears of what you want and we can give you some anwsers
Sydney has everything to cover everyones holiday requirements. Sydney has many fine beaches with the obvious one being bondi. Theres plenty to keep you occupied in the city with hop on hop of bus tours which give you an opp to see all the main tourist hotspots whilst giving you your bearings around the city. Theres the harbour bridge walk, quite expensive at $200 but well worth the money as the views are amazing. The area of the bridge walk (the rocks) has many nice places to eat. We also done a ghost tour there at night which was really good fun! There's sydney opera house which has a lovely cocktail bar attatched and the beautiful botanic gardens next to it. Theres the sky tower which gives you fab views across the city and the opp to walk outside on the sky deck on the glass bottomed floor. Darling harbour houses many shops and restaurants. The aquarium, wildlife and maritime museums can be found there. We found the quality of restaurants poor and extremely expensive! That was the only downside to our visit there. We stayed at the travelodge in york street which was reasonably priced and very central to all the major sights. Everything we wanted was within walking distance including the ferry terminal where we took it to tarronga zoo and fort dennison. Also if you want to escape the city there are many companies offering tours to the blue mountains which are supposed to be exceptional.
What can I tell you? Glasgow Girl has covered almost all of the main points.

The only thing I would add would be a ferry trip from the Rocks to Manly, where I think the beach is nicer than Bondi. It's a very enjoyable trip with good views of the harbour, sailing out past the Opera House on your right and the Bridge on your left.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.