Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hiya well i went to DR a few years back and did the Monster Truck and I did a few trips, one of which was the Monster truck safari here is a link showing you

http://www.viator.com/Dominican-Republic-tours/4WD-ATV-and-Off-Road-Tours/d32-g9-c32?pref=02&aid=g4303

I did not book with them but with the TO at the hotel, but it gives you a fair idea of what's invovled - It was a whole day trip, and does get very very hot and my tip is make sure you wear a hat, as whilst the trucks have canvas roof, they tie it back so you are tin the blazing sun for a while, but you do take a trip rowund the REAL DR and go right up into the hills with thye locals live and see their shacks that they live in and if you do go, take crayons and colour books and inexpensive items for the children they are so grateful.
I agree. The monster truck was an awesome day.

We also just hired a taxi to take us into Puerto Plata for an afternoon and show us the sights. It wasn't expensive either.

Cheers

Keith
Hi Feelthevibe,
You can get an idea from Martins website what tours are on offer, but as you staying on the Playa Dorada Complex you will be able to go to the shopping mall where you will lots of shops selling the tours at very competitive prices. Tour operater prices inflated due to them putting on their commission.

http://www.isairatours.com/tours.html

Food and drink is very reasonable a bottle of Presidente beer is 80 pesos, food it all depends where or what you want to eat so is very difficult to give you prices.

Angie.
Thanks for the replies :tup I always like to be well prepared when I visit somewhere new. I can speak a bit of Spanish so that could be usefull, was wondering what chemists are like, cheap/expensive ? in Goa they are very cheap and you can buy almost anything over the counter so we usually wait till we arrive for things like rehydration sachets, Immodium, anti-histamines etc.
Hi Feelthevibe,

Any medical, sun lotions or anything along those lines I will advise you to take them with you as they are very expensive out there, I have been travelling for quite a few years now to the Dom Rep and on all my trips I am a walking chemist.

Angie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.