Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hi steph, the playa santa ponsa is one of three hotels in the acorn group the other two being the pioneero and the santa ponsa park.they are all on the same street closely grouped together.i cannot see another santa ponsa playa from any of the info that i have.however there is a santa ponsa plaza 3*** hotel nearby.the acorn santa ponsa playa is possibly the cheapest,i would only rate it as 2 out of 5.hope this helps.if you need further info give me a shout. chuck
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

So would you not recommend the Playa then? Would you recommend the Plaza??

Do you know anything about the Santa Ponsa Pins, I can't find any reviews on it.

Many thanks
Steph.
hi steph,i was perhaps being over critical about the playa and 2/5 was a bit harsh.the fact is the hotel has no air-conditioning and the bedrooms were a bit cramped also a lick of paint in the rooms and corriodors would have smartend the place up a bit.however that was 3 yrs ago things could have changed since then.right,on the plus side the reception area was very good,the dining room was excellent as was the food.the bar was good and the bathing area and pool was also very good.the hotel is situated in a good position and handy for all the amenities.if you stayed at the playa you can also use all the facilities at the sister hotels (pioneero/park) which are situated directly opposite to the playa.out of the 3 acorn hotels (pioneero/park/playa) i would think the playa would be the least expensive.i cant help you with the plaza or the pins i dont really know anything about either.if i can help you any more give us a shout.chuck.
Cool Cheers

Just a couple more qu's -

Does it have a fridge?
And I've heard its got carpets in the rooms?

Cheers
Steph.
hi steph,no fridges and yes to carpets in rooms.chuck.PS check out these sites...
http://www.holidaysuncovered.co.uk
http://www.tripadvisor.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.