Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi rijan, As I said earlier, Hammamet isn't really my area so I'm not sure of the distances between various places there and can only give you general pointers. I'm hoping that others who know the area better can give you more specific help.

The first thing to remember is the children, particularly the youngest one, as if they get bored it can be a nightmare, as I remember only too well with my five. I would think that unless there are other things to do in the area, a day visiting the Great Mosque at Karouan might be a step too far. Incidentally you can't always go inside the mosque, particularly on Fridays. El Djem however, which is a Roman coliseum, might be more fun, as there is lots for them to explore and clamber over. I would suggest you keep your plans fluid at this stage, see what is available when you get there, and bear in mind that Tunisia is less than a 3 hour flight and you can always go back again (and again and again and again like quite a few of us :lol: ) Whatever you do I hope you have a lovely time.
Thanks Aslemma!
Points noted - especially the kids one. I have now got some handle on their attention spans for these things based on a few recent family holidays over the past couple years but the advice is well received :tup

I have also now increased trip length to 6 days from 5 so have 1 more day to play around with :D
I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy your trip. I guess you're flying either with BA or Tunisair as they are the only airlines which fly to Tunis almost daily. I'm flying with BA again on Tuesday.
Sadly BA flights were very expensive. Flying with Lufthansa and connecting via Frankfurt
Oh dear, I always keep an eye on flight prices and booked with BA a few months ago for £130 (sorry to gloat.:rofl ) I'm already looking for next May and found a good price with TC from Stansted but it went up overnight so it's back to the drawing board!! Sorry mods, :offtop
My main problem was that we are coming during 1/2 term so prices virtually doubled. As you say they are MUCH cheaper days either side of this week [end Oct]
Hi Rijan,

The Carthage / Sidi Bou Said trip, although well worth it (Sidi Bou Said is gorgeous), it may be a little much and a little boring for young children.

The Yasmine Hammamet medina is, like the rest of Yasmine, purpose built, but it has been done well. Try the following link to see if there's anything there of interest:

http://www.medina-mediterranea.com/an/index.php

There's also Carthage Land theme park attached to the medina. This may appeal to the children, although it would be worth checking into it before going, as I understand there are some age restrictions to some of the rides. I've not been there myself so can't give you further info on it, but this is the link to it's website:

http://www.carthageland.com

Hope this is of some help - even if it's just to cross it off your list, rather than adding it!!

A.
have you ever thought of joining the marines and letting your family enjoy their holiday around the pool ?. (joke)
  • Edited by johnny m 2009-09-20 19:20:17
Many thanks Sunstruck - that is helpful.
As was the Link you sent me Aslemma :)

Edit noted Johnny. :think
yes, i wish i knew how to add those smiley's !! (and signature pictures as well)
no worries. :tup
You can make it up to me by critiquing my proposals! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.