Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi

I suggested to you on mse that maybe you could consider renting an apt for the week.

I've look at those weeks and the prices are more than you wish to pay.

You could rent a private apt and have some fantastic meals out.
or how about

Columbus (APARTHOTEL 3*)
1 bed apt for 4 is £381 s/c

Laguna Park I is in The Torviscas area and is good for families
and coming out at £276 for a 1 bed apt for you all. s/c

Caledonia Park 3* all inclusive £546

these are all available with

http://www.wintersunshineholidays.co.uk
The Columbus and Laguna park one are fine but I have heard and read some really bad reviews on Caledonia Park.
That is all that i could find within his budjet.

But there are some lovely s/c accommodation on costa adeje for the £300-£400 mark.

Personally i would go s/c anyway, as there are so many nice places to eat out. The beach down there is nice as well.
hi and thanks for your replies so far -

Chris - we went out to my mother in law's house in Spain last summer and had a good self catering/eating out holiday but we literally just want to go and chill for the week without the hassle..

I've been looking around and the cheapest all inclusives i can find are at The Caledonia Park, The Tamaimo Tropical and the Bahia Flamingo - all of which come in under £500 but the reviews are hit and miss. I think we may just increase our budget to be on the safe side and pick somewhere with better reviews.

thanks again for your comments though (both on here and MSE!), they are greatly appreciated :-)
Just bobbing back on with an update and to thank everyone again for their suggestions. we have booked the Hotel Dunas Paraiso in Playa Paraiso - managed to get it all Inclusive for less than £500 which were' really pleased about. The reviews are quite good but has anyone any personal experience of the hotel?

Thanks,

Angel
Have you read the reviews of the hotel and resort? If you have not then you can find them Playa Pariaso resort here and the hotel one here
Be advised that the beach is very stoney and small.
I started reading this post and was going to recommend the Dunas Paraiso but then read further and saw that you have already booked it. We (2 adult 2 kids aged 9, 13) are going there again on 7th Feb. We visited two years ago when it had just opened. The only complaint we had then was that the pool was not heated. This was rectified shortly after we left. It is a bit out of the way but as you are all inclusive and have two young kids and your are only going for a week you will hardly leave the hotel. Rooms are excellent food was great.
Xfers will be a bit expensive so you may be better hiring a car we have booked one for a week picking up with and returning at the airport. Only £82 for a week.
http://www.autoreisen.es/
£500 is a very good price who did you book with?

Any specific questions just ask.
I used http://www.go2spain.co.uk/index.html this year for our summer fortnight July 14th - 28th and got a very good price for the 5* Costa Adeje Gran Hotel. £1512 for the 2 rooms B&B added to £903 for 6 BA Flights means family of 4 and 2 grandparents are travelling for pennies over £400 each. Am well pleased with the deal as I have paid more than that for self catering before today. Saved over £500 based on the same hotel with http://www.alpharooms.com and http://www.beatthebrochure.co.uk both of whom have been very reasonable in the past
Spyro -

Thanks for your help re the Dunas Paraiso - how long are you staying? We go on 13th. i'll have a look at that car hire place as this may work out cheaper than taxis. We'd need to bring our baby seat then though so I'll ahve to see..

We booked through Winter sunshine holidays - it actually came to £453! i'm really pleased - just need the weather now!

do you mind me asking if the mountain view suites are nice?
We are going for 7 days, The mountain view suites are the same as the others but without the view. If the weather is not great, depending on what side of the hotel you are on you may find that the rooms are a bit cold if you don't get the sun on it most of the day. But you could always ask for a change.
Car baby seats are available from all of the car hire companys, some charge extra for them.
Hi just wondering if anybody new the price of a taxi from the south airport to my resort which is called hotel bahia flamingo which is close to Playa de la Arena. if anybody knows if there is any good night life around there would be a help. This is my first time over there
Plenty of taxi sites if you google it, but first one I saw was £45 one way. better to post this as new topic.
Hi spice1725 ... if you check out the sticky tiopics in this forum, you should find information on taxis and airport transfers.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.