Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
please help
6 Posts
Hi :wave:

When we were at the SB I took a look around the Sonesta Club hotel which is the sister hotel to the Sonesta Beach and although slightly further out of Namma by about 5 minutes it looks as though it would be a good choice and might be worth considering.
The hotel is almost flat and there is a choice of pools and also there are on-site water slides.

This slideshow will show the hotel http://travel.webshots.com/slideshow/562327695PjcSAV;jsessionid=abcdHRlC0fg797NEekxls or click on link on right of screen to view individual pictures

Graham
I go to the sonesta beach a lot(7th time in November) and i can tell you they have now quite a big enclosed play area now at the back of the DOME restaurant. It was all knocked down and re built up to safety standards. A few slides, swings etc. Also in the dome restaurant they have a kids section for food, so if you do not like the adult stuff, they have fries and such like on offer. It is situated in the dome restaurant only (from what i have seen) near the door as you walk in, it isn't where the normal food is.

Although it is mainly Italian based the entertainment for kids, they can speak English, we have often seen the shows and seen English kids participate.

Also they have table tennis, volley ball, aqua aerobics, water football (polo) that anyone can join in. There is an array of super pools from the noisy with the volley ball and music etc to the quieter ones, all have bars or swim up pools.

Hope this helps

`Michelle x
Sonesta beach resort queen :cheers
Sonesta club is ok, but the rooms are a lot smaller then the Sonesta Beach, and not many pools. You will have to cross the peace road (like a duel carriageway) to go through the entrance of the Sonesta beach to get to the beach area if you wish. Walking could take you 15-20 mins to get to the beach with a child.
Hi Michelle :wave:

I know how much you love the Sonesta Beach and woudn't dare say anything bad against it :)
However I feel perhaps in this case the Sonesta Club might be a better choice as it is slighly more geared to families with children, yes there are less pools at the Sonesta Club but they are bigger and have all the addtional water slides for children and also the large ones for adults if wished.
There are also all the usual activities organised by the animation team, volleyball, aqua-aerobics etc.

topofthetower, I have to agree with Michelle that if the beach is important it is further to walk as you will have to cross the road and go through the Sonesta Beach to get there.

That's 2 hotels that you can take a look at and hopefully some other people will come on and give you a reply with some different suggestions to help you make your mind up.

Graham
Whole heartily i agree with Graham :wave that if you want to have more children in the complex for your son to play with then SC would be beneficial to you as more English holiday-makers go there. Although at the SBR it is getting more UK friendly, in the summer months in both hotels it will have more italian guests. May is a great time to go, still in the 90s, and getting hotter each day. More guests that are English tend to go in the winter months as it is still hot.

SBR may not be as flat as the SC, although it is flat, but a small incline towards the quiet pool. All pools are 'walk' in with wide steps, both hotels very user friendly for disabled guests.

For the beach/sea area, you would have to get in the water by the jetty steps, or walk in the water at low tide, but it can be slippy, and the coral could be damaged this way. To get in the water from the jetty is is normally waist high.

Michelle x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.