Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Please help
8 Posts
Alexandra the Great...nice hotel good food central to Kato Pafos and all the bars restaurants etc...

As for the beach? what beach? Pafos does not have a proper beach, but hotels do have man made beaches that are presentable..

Coral Bay for a proper beach and also Coral Bay hotel (5*) not cheap but excellent, but ten miles from Kato Pafos. (I dont think all inclusive but better for that)

Ascos Coral Beach hotel all inclusive and at certain times of the year adults only..again a taxi ride to Pafos.
How fit and able are your parents?

Do you mean Paphos town or the main tourist area?

It is a bit of a slog from Paphos tourist area/"beach" to Paphos town, mostly uphill.
I'm reasonably fit, but would not consider walking it in May. January, maybe.

Mark
Many thanks, they are quite fit - walks everyday. They would like to be able to walk to the harbour area.
I have relations in the alex at the mo and they love it

The only downside is the restaurant in it is supposedly horrendos, Steaks awful and last nite they had flambe peaches (supposedly) all it was was tinned peaches in juice with some sort of liquer thrown on top no flames nothing.
My aunt rang here last night and was telling me, they had the chef out with her and everything...

I hate that a nice hotel with an awful restaurant, really lets it down
Mark hello mate..

Kato means of course lower should have mentioned that, Katimi is the old town about a mile or so up hill into the old section of Pafos town, great for shopping but a long walk back to the sea area and the harbour..
Polar hello..

Always a problem recommending any restaurant, taverna, or hotel, the chef could have been sacked or indeed having the week off, always fraught with dangers, that is one reason I do not usually recommend any eating place.. I normally eat at local village tavernas, even if the boss has the night off there is always his wife or family member who knows how to cook the local grub here, steak in Cyprus is never great, after all how many cows have you seen here? not many in the west of the island, pork is king here, wonderful and always excellent!! another reason never to go all inclusive..
Hi
have you thought about the kefalos beach, just set back from the tomb of the kings road, really nice setup & a lovely evening walk along the sea to the harbour

gazz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.