Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
in football crazy Malta, it will be very difficult to not see it - almost every bar will have it on
I will suggest that you hop on a bus and travel into Buggiba to watch the match. There are more bars and tourist so a good atmosphere is guaranteed!

Try Paul's Cactus Bar. Plasma screens. also tasty tit bits are handed out at half time 8)
St. Anthony Street, Bugibba

http://www.starwebmalta.com/images/clients/pauls_cactusbar/paulscactus_map.jpg
Hi there. we have been to watch footy at the cactus bar. The fun starts after the match. If the Maltese are happy with the result they have a cavalcade of cars with horns going and flags flying then there are big celebrations in the square. A good friendly atmosphere
hi val n rob

my hubby is a liverfan aswell and not best pleased with me at the moment as i have booked for dominican republic 15th-29th of may and probably wont get to see the final and will be gutted. he said if there was any chance they would get through again he would definately go whatever the cost. oooops. :?

when we were in turkey last year he had tattoo of the cup and the 5 stars above.

enjoy ya hols anyway pam xxxxxxxxx
thank you so much every one for your replies.. rob does not like football at all but even he got interested when Liverpool produced that second half display in Istanbul and of course he was running around screaming just like me and the boy! He probably won't bother this time as we are in Malta for him to scuba dive..these bars..will my son be allowed in to watch? He is 15 but is only about 5ft 5 and does not look his age at all
(and he feels so cursed!). We want to be where there is a fantastic atmosphere but where it is ok for Gav to be there too. Any recommendations?
"He is 15 but is only about 5ft 5" - in Malta the average male is only 5 ft 7, so he won't have a problem with his height - as for min age to enter a bar, you see plenty of very young children running around in bars, so it would only be a problem if the landlord has his own rule
Hi there, a lot of the bars have outside seating areas and all are welcome. they even have the TVs out there for the football
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.