Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
PLUG ADAPTORS
6 Posts
Hi

I should have said plug adaptors sorry

Chrystyrich
They are the 2 round pin type.

Plenty of threads about this. I'll leave pippy to supply the links as I'm having my dinner.
Yes you can use Continental style adaptors - you can buy them there too.

Have a fantastic time - Fabulous part of the world, great people and beautiful sea etc. :)
Hopefully this will help to make things clear. :bhead

The following is a picture I have drawn of a typical adapter plug, yours may not look exactly the same as this, but so long as it has the standard 3 pin socket on the front (as shown in the sketch) or has the 2 pin shaver type round sockets it will be OK. (applies to UK only) Other countries will have a different front socket but the back round pins will remain the same.

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/1049/adapter1vk7.gif

The most important thing is that on the back of the adapter it has the two round pins with similar dimensions to the ones shown below.

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/199/adapter2sq5.gif

Again, your dimensions may vary (a little) from these sizes, it will not matter, providing that you do not have to 'force' your adapter into the socket, it will be OK.

Perhaps Briar or Pippy may wish to post this drawing as a sticky,

Tez :D :D

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Thank you everybody for your help. :D
Chrystyrich
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.