Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I think you can drive up and park near the top
Parking in Pollensa is not easy. Getting in among the narrow streets and looking for somewhere - more or less forget it. The easiest place to head for is the parking behind the Renault garage on Calle Cecilio Metelo. From there it's around 5 minutes walk to the Plaça Major, and pretty much level. By the church I guess you mean the Calvari oratory, which is a difficult walk. There is though in the Plaça Major the parish church.

Something to perhaps go and see is the roman bridge. For this, it is possible to find somewhere to park off the main road that goes towards Soller, or try parking in front of the Vicenç textile shop on the Can Berenguer roundabout (the big one coming into Pollensa from Puerto Pollensa). The walk from there is not far, and the shop itself is also interesting.

Pollensa is a lovely town and just being around the Plaça Major is delightful, sitting at the cafes and watching the world go by. There are also galleries in and around the centre.

Don't know. Does this help?
Thank you Both for replys. Very helpful indeed. Have passed Pollensa a few times and always wondered how best to get into town, doesn't seem like a main drag is easily spotted. Will let the long haired one drive that day.
Be careful when parking in Pollensa old town. Parking restrictions are widespread and tow-aways are common, with a fine to get your car back. In the high-season it might actually be easier to park in the port and get the bus in.
My husband can't manage steps and can't walk long distances and to be honest he finds Pollensa a bit difficult. There is a large carpark but you do have to walk to get into the centre - it takes me about 10 mins. However you may be lucky and get a space on the roadside closer to the main square - there are more disabled parking spaces then there used to be so if you have a 'blue badge' take it with you. There are steps in the main square but you can avoid them if necessary. All the streets leading off the main square would be accessible although many are uphill (not steep). As for the Church - although I've not tried it I believe that if you approach it from the back so to speak you can actually drive up. It would be worth it as the view is fantastic. Also try visiting the Port area - it is completely flat and fairly disabled friendly unless you're actually wheelchair dependent and then you would need to select carefully where you visited, especially toilet facilities, as some bars/cafes in particular are not quite 21st century re disabled access
Andrew711, Thanks again, The building i meant is the one at the top of the 365? steps. Other replys seem to suggest that one can drive up there if you go round the back?!! Your advice would be valued.
Easylife, thanks for advice. You mention "Blue Badge"---Well a lot of good that did me when visiting Sa Colabra. A police motorcyclist wouldn't even allow me to drive to bottom of steep hill to drop off the long haired one before returning to car park. I reported him to Mallorca Tourist Board but don't know if they resolved problem. If you would care to help, would you also complain to MTB, the email address I have is governa@a-palma.es
Kindest Regards, J J Deed
John, There is a narrow road (the Cami del Calvari) that runs more or less parallel to the Calvari steps, so yes it is possible. My earlier point was and remains that it is damn difficult to find anywhere to park within the town itself. Pollensa 1946 refers rightly to the restrictions, but over and above that you are talking about an old town not really geared to cars or parking. By all means try, but it might be tricky.

Just as an additional thought. Would coming down the steps be ok? You could get a taxi up and then walk down.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.