General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
pool/beach hair
24 Posts
Either leave it down with a headband to keep it off my face, spray on some UV conditioner stuff and then when it gets wet it looks all "surfer chick"; or put it in two loose plaits (like schoolgirl pigtails, but not so tidy) and use fancy clips to keep fringe out of the way.
Before I had mine cut shorter I used to swear by these. http://www.stylee.com/

You can used them in a multitude of ways, most styles are very easy to achieve. There is some guidance on the website to give you ideas and you can buy them to coordinate with just about every outfit.

Good for bad hair days at home too. :lol:
Hi

My hairs long and drives me mad when its really hot and its all wet down my back after swimming so I've usually got it clipped up. Always treat myself to a few new clips before we go as I find I tend to leave them all over the place!
My hair is long so I just clip it up, tie it up in a hair band or put it in a plait, sometimes two.
I used to just put a quiff in the front then put the rest up in a ponytail during the day, but I have a fringe now, starting to regret it. It was annoying me when we had the few warm days last week so just know I'm gonna hate it on my holidays!
My hair is shortish, and growing it a little to just under shoulder bob length, if that make sense. Whilst I loved having long hair, the whole hair routine did drive me crazy a little. Now I wash etc, and during the day tuck behind my ears and it's good and for the evenings may ge the straightning irons for a bit more of a sleek look.
My hair is just on my shoulders and if I leave it to dry naturally it's very wavy/curly.

I usually leave it like that of a day, but take it off my face with a hairband or snatch it
right back up off my face and neck in a big bulldog clip.

Of an evening, sometimes I use my straighteners, but many times I just leave it to dry
naturally and jazz it up with some fancy slides at the sides to take my hair away from my ears.
(Sounds very strange but I know what I mean! :rofl )
My hair is short but coloured. I keep a hat on for most of the day even when swimming, otherwise I find I get a headache. If I go to lunch or into the bar, I spray with some no 7 glossy locks & put a pretty headband in to keep my fringe off my face.
Helen T I would love to be able to wear a hat during the day to keep sun off, but I do not have face/head for hats and no matter what style I try on I look like a complete fool, and possibly on the verge of being locked up for lunacy if I wear in public. :rofl
I know that feeling well Miss Pink! :(

I would love to be able to have the confidence to wear a hat but I look bl**dy awful in them!

(Looking for a hat for my nieces wedding, even the assistant in Debenhams agreed with me! :haha )
Wow, finally someone I can empathise with, normally everyone I know can wear a hat of some description and look at worst Okay and best stunning, I fall into 'you cannot go out like that' category, my son (22) just falls about laughing and tells me that people will point and stare, hey ho
Mine isn't a big posh one, just something along the lines of a cricket hat, but colourful. I find they cover my ears as well which is great. I could never be in the sun all day without a hat, as I would easily get sunstroke & it would completely spoil my holiday.
Yes even with the threat of sunstrokes hat's don't work - have to have an umbrella to sit under poised over my head area, i have tried baseball cap, I looked like mutton dressed as lamb (and i aint thaaaaat old), straw hat, that's just idiotic and the farmer type floppy hat which upon wearing i expect to see the men in white coats coming to get me anytime soon..... :wave:
Miss Pink. are we twins? :rofl

(My "charming" lot - including a 22 year old son - all say the same too - when they have finished laughing that is! :haha )
Could be Milly.... I only have the 22yr old son though, sounds like your family is somewhat bigger, you never know though...
Here goes:

I have long brown hair, so when I am sweating buckets in the day whilst sunbathing put in 2 plaits, like a red indian, its stylish but it hides a multitide of sins, then at night try my best to straighten it, but with no surprise it goes frizzy due to the heat, I often where my trendy head bands like boho style, and leave it naturally wavy...My hair is a pain on hol, but dont care, I also where acowboy hat in the day while sunbathing too.My hair goes lighter whilst I am there, mind you thats because I am sooooo brown, that I look like a gypsy rosalee... :cheers
I had short hair for a number of years. I grew it 18 months ago, and it's HUGE!! It's just below my shoulders, curly/wavy and THICK and prone to frizz. My anti-frizz serum is my no1 beauty necessity. Without it, I just look Einstein. It's also coloured blond.
Because I had short hair for years (prior to this, I didn't know about anti-frizz products!) and because I HAVE to have my hair up for work, tidy and boring with a plain hair band/clips, I just love to have it down on my days off, and especially on holiday - literally "letting my hair down!"
When on the beach/pool, I like to read, so I find a hat necessary, otherwise I constantly squint - even with sunglasses. This squashes my hair, but I just fluff and dampen it slightly to sort it out.
I often have it back in a colourful hair band (again, "colour" being something I can't do at work), and sometimes clip it up if I want it off my neck.
In the evening, I have it down.
Normally, I wash my hair probably three times a week, but because I need more anti-frizz products, I end up having to wash it more on holiday, which ends up making it dry.
Before I go on hols, I get a trim and use lots of conditioning products to make it in tip-top condition before I go.

Goodness, I do have a tendancy to waffle. Both when talking and typing!!!! :rofl :rofl
You sound a right giggle Good Queen Bess - what with your hair and my head for no hats, we should get on famously :rofl :rofl
Edit: typo
Hello Miss Pink. I just have a tendancy to waffle. :rofl Sorry :offtop
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.