Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Surely not having water to allow you to wash hands etc is a breach of health and safety? Am sure someone will be able to help
I think I'd be writing a letter. Not being able to wash your hands is unacceptable. Got to be a breach of some regulation somewhere -heaven knows we have enough of them.
Did they actually tell you that you couldn't wash your hands? It's just that the supply of water for things like the washrooms will be different to the water supply used for consumption when the crew make tea/coffee or if the passengers have access to a water fountain. That is why you normally see signs inside the wash rooms telling you not to drink the water or that the water is "potable".
They never said we couldn't wash our hands, just said that there was no tea and coffee, but when we went to the loo, there was no water to wash our hands either!
On a flight to Turkey 2 years ago, we ended up sitting on the runway (in the plane - of course) for over an hour, as there was no water on the plane. We were tole we were NOT allowed to fly without it. :que

Denny
I would certainly complain about the lack of hand washing facilities - especially with so much in the news of infections spread by lack of hand washing. I suppose the difficulty is if First Choice deny this was the case. Did you or anyone else complain of this at the time? Had you paid for inflight meals and drinks? If so did they offer bottled drinks free of charge as an alternative? In fact, regardless of whether you paid, I would expect a company like first choice to offer free bottled water as a gesture of goodwill where tea/coffee wasn't available!
I have to agree with denny53. Just mentioned this to my other half who travels a lot on business and he said he's been on a flight where they were told they couldn't take off with out water.
Hi Marlou,
In light of what's been said I would definitely write a letter stressing the point of not having any sort of water on board and I'd also refer to Health and Safety legislation with regards to hand washing after the use of the toilet.
I didn't hear anyone else complaining, but hubby and I went to the loo and couldn't get water. We had to pay for bottled water, but they brought orange squash round instead of tea/coffee. I think I will drop First choice a line just to see what they have to say!
You didnt hear anybody else complaining??? I find that incredible so perhaps it was just one of the cubicles? What did the flight attendants say? Did you fill up a complaint form on board?
Regardless of that- tea and coffee should have been available and if they had bottled water on board then it shouldn't have been too difficult.
How could they make orange squash and not tea & coffee - doesn't make sense to me. :que
Maybe it was cheap orange juice so tasted like squash :que :que
Surely they could have got water from the airport for the handwash?
Could have been worse though, imagine having no water for the lav flush!!
I've emailed first choice, I'll let you know the outcome. :)
You would do better sending signed for letter also follow up.

Emails just get deleted.
Thanks for that snowyboy. If I don't hear anything I'll send them a letter. :)
The longer you wait the less likely they are to respond. I'd do it immediately. I sent an e mail to DH 2 weeks ago & received an automated response saying I'd hear from them within 7 days. I'm still waiting.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.