Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
porches
4 Posts
Hi Steve,

I don't know Porches itself, having only driven through on the N125. But there are some nice beaches nearby - we like Senhora da Rocha, although it can be difficult to park in the high season. Praia da Marinha is lovely, and there's a good restaurant near there called Brasserie Marina. Benagil is another good beach. If you're hiring a car you can just explore all the little roads leading down to the coast.

Carvoeiro is quite close and you will find lots of restaurants there. Armacao de Pera is in the other direction - lots of high rise there, but apparently there is an old town, which we've never found!

There are two water parks nearby. Aqualand (The Big One) is closest, with Slide and Splash a little further away. The sand sculptures at Pera are well worth a visit.

Hope this helps a little. Maybe someone who has stayed in the area can tell you a bit more.
hi roseweb ,thanks i really appreciate your reply how far from aqualand is porches
steve
It looks about 2 or 3 miles on the map.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.