Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi

Our friends stayed here last october and they said they were very nice.
We always use Portland for our holidays they use Thomson reps so they have welcome meetings and all the usuall service of a rep.

They didn`t have any problems getting out and about , there was a bus stop close by and I think they have a water taxi going across to San Antonio. Theres lots of bars in the bay to start you off.

If you want to know anything else I can ask my friends for you.

Christine W
thanks christine :-)
Hi!! Its been a long time since i posted last so Hello :D
I'm off to the Xaloc apartments on monday so when i get back i'll let you know how everything went........good hopefully :?
Byyyyeeeeee!!!!!
Hope you enjoyed yourselves if you made it if not then if you are booking up for August me and my sis will be staying at Rosamar hotel from 08 aug onwards we are in our 20s too and from Newcastle you are more than welcome to meet up and we will show you how to do it...
Anyone been to these apartments lately Xaloc in S A BAY going in 2 weeks ant info greatly appreciated thanks
Been back a few weeks now :cry: .The Xaloc Aparts are excellent so no need to worry :D The pool area is very clean and not at all crowded and the air conditioning in the rooms is class :) (had to turn it down cos it was getting too cold!)
Any Questions then just drop me a line,
regards Fishtank :D :lol: :)
thanks fishtank
hi there just wondering if the apartmets are family orientated?
what the entertainmet is like?
and any recommendations for eating out?
thankyou jules
anyone else off to these apartments last week in august?
Hi Jules.
The Xaloc apartments are family orientated as much as there is no music played around the pool (although i must admit i could have done with listening to some tunes ).Nothing else going on around the place though,oh there is a pool table outside.
The entertainment is not really a 'hotel based' type thing as it is open to the public.The standard ranges from a really crappy singer to several VERY funny drag acts(and i'm not a drag act fan!!).The host is a drag act called Saide,from Blackpool.Overall the entertainment is of a pretty good standard.
Eating out is very much a 'chicken and chips' affair with no spanish food that i could mention.I looked for somewhere that served a decent paella but could'nt find one,thats not to say there isnt anywhere just that i was'nt lucky :( Try 'the pintpot' for good value meals in a beautiful setting,right on the beach overlooking the bay/town :o Its easy to miss though as you have to walk down a side road(turn left outside the Xaloc and its you 3rd right......i think!)Another great place,with IMO the best food was on the way into the town,on the bend on the right hand side , a place called 'Caseta' - excellent food in a nice setting at very good prices.
Overall the Xaloc looks as good a hotel as anywhere in the bay ,with friendly staff to boot :D
Anymore questions just ask,if not enjoy and let me know what you thought of it...
Regards Fishtank :P
Im off here for 2 weeks in October (15th - 29th)
Really looking forward to it as i have read SO many positive reviews (in fact NO negative reviews - yet!)
Just hope the weather will be good when we get out there :)
Sandi x
were off tonight cant wait any longer so looking forward to it 10 nights in ibiza, anybody else off this weekend have a good one!!
We always travel with Portland/Thomson,this year in Cyprus it appears that the policy now is not to have reps in hotels but to have a 24 hour contact line.We never saw a rep in the whole 2 weeks,The very seldom use them so it wasn't a problem for us but it may be for some.
I dont know if this is just Cyprus as trips are available from outside agencies that are all English speaking and therefore the tour companies have given up trying to flog there excursions in hotels.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.