Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hi Serena I tend to agree with you about the footpaths in Santa Eulalia very disabled UN FRIENDLYas is escana,i am hoping you will be able to give me some information,when you get off the aircraft at ibiza if you have booked airport assistance how do you get to luggage reclaim?I am looking to go but getting on the silly busses that they cram full is a definate no no for me or anyone else with disabilities.
Hi Oldies I tried to answer you in Pm but for some reason when I hit send I got page cannot be displayed so I lost it, so here goes again. I had assisted boarding in Ibiza and it was very good. They take you off the plane with an ambulift which is a lift on a motorised van type vehicle, it comes to the door of the aircraft with your own or an airport wheelchair to collect you and your companion if you have one , then lowers again and takes you to the terminal door. From there my husband pushed me to baggage reclaim and then[ I can walk a little] I walked pushing the chair to the taxi rank and then sat in the chair till a taxi was available . It's not far to the taxi rank, just outside the doors. You must let your travel company know you need assisted boarding when you book and also if you are travelling alone or cannot walk at all that you will need someone to push your wheelchair to baggage reclaim and to the taxis. When you board for the flight you are boarded first, usually from a different boarding gate to the other passengers and when you get to your destination you will be taken from the plane after everyone else has vacated the plane. Can I ask where you are going ?wherever it is I hope you have a good holiday .If I can be of anymore help just let me know .
Serena
Serena Thank's very much for all that info,it's put my mind at rest a little now.I have been to Ibiza a few times Santa Eulalie.Es Cana and Playa den bossa,but i was ok with getting on the silly squash as many people as you can busses then.I am ok to walk to the terminal just not able to do the busses.I thought they may put a mini bus on for the less able body thats what they did in Menorca.
We are thinking of going back to Sata Eulalia if we can find a good hotel near the centre.
Hi Oldies , Have a look at the Tres Torres hotel,we were moved into this one from our original one and we were so glad. The food is really good and so is the service. The hotel is right on the promenade and easy to get in and out of with a wheelchair .Have a look at the hotel reviews for this hotel, my hubby's report is the first one you will see.
Hi Serena Thats the one we have been looking at,we met an elderly couple in the ring 'o' bells last time we went and they stay there every year,(good recomendation) out of interest what was the hotel you were moved from?we know where the tres torres is we went to have a look at the position of it.In fact my sister in law lived in Siesta (the end of Santa Eulalia) for 16 years and she loved it out there.
Hi Me again just red your write up it sounds ideal. Thank you.
Hi Again oldies, we were booked in for the La Cala . I only chose it because it had disabled rooms with walkin showers which is much easier for me, but saying that I managed OK at the Tres Torres . The La Cala isn't in as good a position as the Tres, we went to see where it was and only hubby could get to it as the kerbs were not dropped ones in the street where it was situated ,unless there was another way to it we didn't know about. I'm sure you will like the Tres Torres.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.