Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
its not just portugese students that go to lloret.there are students from all over europe.
normally may is a bad month for them being there, but i have seen them there from easter to june.
other resorts, like calella are affected as well.
best advice i can give is to use hotels that are not part of the main chains like HTOP or SERHS.
in lloret the aquarium or fenals gardens are usually student free.
Hi Thanks for your reply, Sorry I did not mean students in general, definately got no problems with them. But we stayed in Lloret in March 2007 and the whole town including Fenals was full of students from Portugal celebrating their univirsity entrance. We've stayed in Lloret many times and the number of people there that March was as great as in July or August. The main streets were heaving throngs of people until 6 in the morning (which you expect in summer but not March). One of the local residents told us that this was the same every year for 2 weeks in late spring time. We just want to avoid being there at the same time as this influx to try and have a rest. Thanks Tony
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.