Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Stayed in the papi last year, going again this year 30th july. fourth time, value for money i think. not much has change for me.
We stayed in papi last september for what we paid can`t fault it
Hi we go to the Papi with Ferris on 3rd September and were wondering if anyone has been there this summer. We have read a review that the food was terrible so are concerned.
Just got back on sunday from papi, food is ok but very repetitive, like meat, fish, jacket potatoes, chips, nice cakes for dinner, salads. weve been four times now to papi. some people complain about food where ever they go. believe you me ive had far worse.
Click Here for our reviews of this hotel.
Hi thanks for the reply. Glad the food wasn't too bad. We can put up with repetative. Have you got any advice or suggestions of things to do around the area?
Ellen
hi
the very first holiday abroad we stayed at hotel papi,then only half the road was built,there was nothing there,it was very quiet,i just wondered if the original owner was still there or if he had sold it on,he used to be there daily to greet everybody,a wonderful man the hotel was named after his family,we went back to spain 2 years ago only we stayed in blanis,but we went to see the hotel papi and it boasts of a great swimming pool now we didnt have that before,but it bought back some wonderfull memories for both of us,if you go there on holiday you wont be disapionted with anything at malgrat,nor with the hotel papi.
annie xx :lol:
Ellen you can visit other resorts by boat or train. theres a water world near lloret, there was a free bus when we were there. the old town of malgrat was very nice, very spanish. theres also a wally train one for malgrat and one santa susanna, the santa susanna train goes up into the hills the old town of santa susanna. worth a ride up to see where the spanish people live.
hi,
can anyone tell me if there are security cameras in the papi hotel in malgrat
thanks
jan
i have got no idea,
but if you have plans to rob it i would get admin to delete this thread before you go ahead in case it is used as evidence of intent ;)
the only reason why l asked this is because while on holiday in september a member of our party had her bag taken about 5 minutes after we had arrived
jan
the hotel was not the papi that were staying in when the bag was taken
MY Fiancee and I stayed there in September 08. Lovely little place - food good, lots of choice etc, rooms very clean, reception service excellent. Pool is pretty small though. The beach however is excellent and so large that you have loads of space.

Just don't go for the evening entertainment - it was dire! The hotel bar is a bit poor too.
Excellent Estanco - cigar / tobacco shop opposite the hotel too.
hi star
thank you for getting back to me we have been to malgrat for a fewyears now and have stayed in the caprici in santa susanna and the maripins in malgrat had heard good reports on this hotel and have had a good deal from ferris coaches for september thank you once again for replying
jan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.