Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
never again!!!
9 Posts
How does an awful, awful hotel get a 7/10 score overall? Or have I read it wrong?
We've stayed at the HTop Amaika hotel in Calella and that was fine. http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-brava/calella/amaika-h.top-hotel/

You just need to read reviews and check before you go.
no you havent read it wrong i said overall which includes staff and cleanliness and the situation of the hotel...maybe im fussy but this is a 4 star hotel apparently...in my opinion it is not 7/10 was mainly based on my idea of a hotel,had i gone off just the food and guests staying i would mark it as a 3/10 i just didnt want to appear a meanie :rofl
I was thinking the same myself, 7/10 didn't seem that bad!!
:rofl maybe you could go see what overall mark you would leave OVERALL! :que
Sorry .... Veggie, so i don't stay in foreign hotels!! Not to be trusted! :D
i am in royal beach at the moment -i got a really good deal -and i agree that it is not that great. i have been trying to avoid the htop hotels in lloret for the last couple of years because i think the standards have definitely gone down. i used to prefer the r. beach, but nowadays the r. star is a much better hotel in every respect.
it was very dead until last night, but now the ciggie runners have arrived and it does seem that the hotels atmosphere has changed.
the food is the usual spanish hotel stuff, but i think it is very well cooked. my only complaint is that the choices seem to have got less at every meal. this hotel used to offer excellent salads, but they now look unappetising. at breakfast they only have bacon and eggs, fried bread and beans. i know they used to offer a much more varied choice, including tasty sausages, but i,ve not seen anything different.
not seen any ants in my room, but i did have to evict a 4cm long cockroach on my first night!
at least the sun is shining :sun2
I stayed in the Royal Star in March 2007.

It was okay (apart from the wafer thin walls) The food wasn't up to much, one day there was english sausage for breakfast and then chicken curry for dinner.

It does cater more towards Spanish people, but we got a good deal so cant complain.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.