Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
If as you say THEY INSIST on troursers & shoes why are you asking if they are going to relax their dress code ? The hotels & their guests do not expect other people to come to dinner in jeans, t shirts or shorts. This is the standard expected when YOU CHOOSE to stay in a hotel.
I am merely asking a question. If you are not going to help then dont bother replying.

When I chose this hotel I did not know, hence why I am asking!!
i have sent an e-mail to the hotel for clarifications and am awaiting a reply

yasus
wizard
We stayed in the oceanis a couple of years ago and everyone was just dressed casual but smart and there were guys in their jeans even for dinner no problems with dress code at all.
smart/casual should be fine , and more acceptable than shorts and flip flops
and i realise that shorts can be casual and smart , my hubby took a pair of linen trousers with him to be on the safe side , and then after evening meal would go back upstairs and change into a pair of shorts or 3/4 length's .
below is the official reply. they say they are not flexible so no 3/4 cut downs tee shirts [for men]

Thank you for your kind email and your interest shown in our Hotel Oceanis.

Further to your e-mail we would like to inform you that we do have a dress
code for our restaurant, which is long trousers and shoes for the men and
something decent (a dress or trousers for example) for the women
Thanks for all your helpful comments :tup

I think I'll take your advice Llindy and wear the trousers for the meal, then get changed later in the evening!

Soooooooooo excited!!! Thanks all :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.