Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
There are lots of tobacco shops in and around Santa Susanna ,
never stayed at the Los Pinos hotel , but heard and read bad reports in the past, but each to their own , the Los Pinos is right on the beach great location
Hiya going to the Riviera hotel in Santa Susana getting there by train but just wondered which train station to get off at is it nearer to Santa Susana or Malgrat de mar. Please can someone help thank you very much Baileylady2ooo.
:)
Get off at Santa Sussanna...Hotel Riveria is about a 15 minute level walk from the station. :)
definately get off at Santa Susanna....... i have stayed in the Riviera , but it was a few years ago , not bad at all
thank you very much on some sites it tells you to get off at malgrat because i don't know where the train station is in santa susana :que
what airport are you flying into , if its Gerona then you go through Malgrat to get to santa susanna , if its barcelona airport then santa susanna is before malgrat. its a great train service , carriages are air conditioned , it tells you the tempersatures and also tells you when you are approaching the next stops, very efficient . If you are using Gerona airport then you will actually go past your hotel to get off at santa susannna
we are flying into barcelona airport can you say what is near the train station as i have got google earth so i keep looking ta :)
I think the hotel alhambra is on the opposite corner to the riviera , further along is the florida park . its more of a stop than a station as its right on the promenade , , you cant get lost as its a straight walk , and santa susanna is definately the best stop to get off at , you would need a taxi from malgrat station especially with luggage .
ok thank you very much for the information it has been helpful :D
just another quick question what is the beach like in Santa Susana as the beach in Malgrat is a covered in shingle can you help plz :D
Its the same kind of beach all along , from Lloret to Calella very small pebble's gritty sand , another thing you should bear in mind is that the sea shelves rather quickly , so be careful if you have children with you or if your not too good in the sea and dont like going out of your depth ,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.