Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Have you thought or considered taking a friend of your daughters with you for company , i know its a huge responsibility looking after some ones else's child , as we done this a few years back for our son , who was 15 at the time , the boys were happy to walk around the town or beach during the day , and then we all went out together in the evenings , if the boys wanted to go alone then we decided a time and place for meeting up , worked great for us . Happy children mean happy mum's and dad's
Thye're at that funny age when they're 15 aren't they. Like the previous poster, I'd suggest inviting a friend along for company. I definitely wouldn't leave her alone at a waterpark - besides the obvious safety issues, wouldn't she be bored there by herself all day? Why not go along with her to the waterpark and keep her company, even if you don't like that kind of thing . I'm sure she'll appreciate you making the effort. Have to do that with my son but reckon he has to come with me to do things he might not want to so fair is fair lol !!Have no idea about the area where you are staying but suggest trying to find organised things she can take part in whilst supervised perhaps pony trekking for example.
Thanks for the replies. Looks like 'phone a friend' time. (only trouble is if they fall out at the start of the holiday you end up with two warring teenagers :yikes )

The mental image of me in a waterpark would be more than the public could stand.
If you've already booked this won't be an option, but my advise to anyone in your situation would be don't go to a Villa overlooking a resort, go to an apartment complex in one of the bigger resorts. At that time of year there are likely to be other families staying in the immediate vicinity of your apartment and it's easy for the kids (even teenagers) to make friends.

If an apartment in the middle of the resort isn't your cup of tea then I suppose you have to decide which is the lesser of two evils, staying somewhere that doesn't appeal so much with a happy teenager or staying somewhere you want to but with a bored teenager.

I can only speak from my own experience of course, and based on what my kids are like. Others will disagree I'm sure
i agree with Rigler , try and book somewhere where there will be other children , children do make friends easily , in the pool , around the pool . just walking around or joining in any activities that are available . A lot depends on what your daughter likes/dislikes doing when on hols and how well she mixes with others , we also take or took playing cards , dominoes so there was always something we could play as a family
Thanks for all the tips. I think that any time away from MSN Messenger and Facebook is going to cause problems regardless of the facilities available!!

Teenagers........still, at least they know everything.

:sun2
Most family orientated complexes tend to have internet access, so going to such a place would cover that one as well. ;)
This is going to make me unpopular for saying this I expect, but oh how times have changed, when I was taken away on holiday, usually to Cornwall I was grateful and I mean that, not just paying lip service, at times camping or in a caravan was the only option available. Later when I had my own family, and I took my son away usually on foreign holidays, he was also pleased as punch to go wherever!! He appreciated the fact that a lot of his mates didn't go on holiday at all let alone a trip abroad and loved it.

Not having a pop honestly. :)
Totally agree. It seems to be this age that is particularly difficult to please. Another couple of years and they are quite happy to 'veg out' with a good book. :tup
If she's 15 now I dare say it's more realistic to think that in a couple of years she'll want to go to Faliraki with her mates. :cheers
we're off to the Sun Palace Faliraki on 19/8 an taking with us our 3 kids - girl 7,. boy 15, girl 17 and also her mate boy 18! sure the eldest will be fine an i know my youngest will love the pool as thats all she goes for lol - oh an sure there will be kids club we can put her in an spend even maybe just an hour so alone with my partner lol.

In the past wen we have just take the two youngest ones, my lad does struggle to mix but as we went to Holiday villages he was fine an they are fantastic for kids which means they are then fantastic for parents, as unhappy kids means stressed out mum and dad lol x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.