Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
May - October are the low / rainy seasons on the West Coast (i.e. Phuket). Best bet at that time of year is Koh Samui if perfect weather is a priority. However, Phuket is well priced as a result.

No direct flights from the UK to anywhere except Bangkok i'm afraid. However you can get to Phuket via Singapore, Hong Kong or Kuala Lumpur if you fancy a change in stopover (same for Koh Samui, although the Kuala Lumpur flights leave from a different KL airport than the main International one).
I have done the Singapore/Koh Samui option. KS is definitely the best bet at that time of year, weatherwise. Bangkok/KS - have done a couple of times.
thanks for the replies, My wife wants to go to BKK and it was me who was trying to avoide it, so BKK/KS it is.
I have been to KS 4 times in July and August, always had great weather apart from the odd heavy shower, in fact I am thinking of Thailand next summer, and we are looking into Ko Phangan which is the next island to KS as I want to be sure of pleenty of sun :)
Hi, I have lived on Phuket for the past 18 months and just returned to the Uk due to cost of living, weakness of pound etc.

August is the wet season on Phuket hence low prices at hotels. If you want bargins keep out of Patong unless you are going for bar girls then this is the place to go.

Phuket is a great island with many miles of great scenery, the pound has dropped from 72 baht to 52 baht in one year, so beware your pound will not go that far, average price for beer in patong girlie bars 100 to 140 baht per half pint. Thats £5-00 a pint. If you go to side street bars you can get a pint for £2-50 but you will be the only person in the bar in low season.

Great place to visit, just no longer a cheap place to visit.

Have fun, i always do.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.