Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Was it the matter of price that narrowed down to these two hotels.? Nothing in Kolymbia outside of the hotels to keep children amused.Or adults for that matter. At least in Faliraki there is the largest water park in Europe. Bus service much better in Faliraki.Getting to Rhodes OLd Town & Lindos much, much easier. Personally would not stay & Sun Palace. Ear shattering noise from Bingo & karaoke. There are a lot of A / I hotels in Faliraki so maybe a further search is required.
Thanks tpebop
Price isn't reaaly the issue - kids clubs and entertainment are the main things.

I'll further the search for AI in Faliraki
Another thing to consider is that the holiday village will be new for next year, so it may have some teething probs. Have a look at the Atlantica hotels. the Atlantica Princess always gets good reviews, its at the bottom of Ixia near Trianta, has good facilities and is a short cab ride or bus into Rhodes Town. There is also a toy shop and cafe with soft play opposite depending on the age of the kids. I think the other one is called the Atlantica Imperial but I don't know too much about it, supposed to be lovely though.
My son only had fab things to say about the Sun Palace where he stayed in July. He said the hotel's service and location was brilliant. He's 23 and went with 4 mates so maybe his idea of a great hotel won't be yours. However, it's got some good reviews.
The Sun Palace is a fantastic Hotel far enough out of Falaraki and near enough to walk to for the fun park and has previously been mentioned near the water park and on the bus route for Rhodes Town and you can easily access places of interest from here. Near the beach too. Dont be put off by Tbebop

We are off ther on Wednesday for the third time the rooms are very comf and the all inclusive meals are of a good standard and staff are very friendly. You dont need to join in the bingo we dont.
Hi Micknmill,

I went to the Sun Palace with my family this year (15th July-29th July), me, hubby, and kids ages 17 and 10 and i have to say it was the best holiday i have ever had. The hotel is first class, you just have to walk into the reception area, marble floors, comfy seating, beautiful waterfall feature and all spotlessly clean.
There is just too much praise for this hotel, all the staff are so friendly, the cleaners must work all hours and we are definately going back.
The entertainment staff are fabulous, making everyone welcome, no pressure to join in but in the end you just have to because its great fun!!
My 10 year old loved the football, darts and footie tennis ( just make sure you have plenty of water...it got a bit hot and sweaty.. :tongue
We have never been all inclusive before but you could not fault anything, food in abundence, drinks too... :cheers
I respect what tpebop was saying about the karoeke and bingo but you dont have to join in if you dont want to but hey we won over 400 euros whilst we were there so just do what ever suits you...
All in all i would definately recommend the Sun Palace 100%
Cheers :tup
Hi bramley-apple, glad you had a great holiday and the hotel was all it was made out to be ;)
i like it when people enjoy Greece...

Have you posted a review in the hotel report forum for others to see ??

yasus
wizard
Hi Shirley :)

Yes had a lovely time thanks, the Sun Palace was even more than we had hoped for, i can understand why you son had such a good time too!! :tup

Hi Wizard,

Thanks for the reminder ive put a report on now!! :tup

regards
bramley-apple
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.