Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Re: El Tiburon
84 Posts
Hi all
thankyou for your comments. It did affect my holiday, because I was tired everyday. The noise carried on during the day too. I did try to relax out of the hotel but it was always in the back of my mind I was going to have another sleepless night. One day I had a few drinks, not drunk, but see if it knocked me out, but I still didn't sleep. When I checked out it was another chap on the desk, I think if it had been that woman ( I am not a violent person) I would have felt like slapping her.
Sanji.I got a taxi from the airport he said €25 I said no got him down to €20. I later in the week went to the Information Centre in La Cariheula and asked about the taxis and she said it should have been €15 and they all seem to pull that one with over charging. She told me if I got a taxi to the airport to tell the driver how much you were going to pay him. I did get a train though, steep hill to Montemar, but made it with a good rest at the top! Only cost me €1.25. the steps on the train itself are bit of pain when lifting the case and the flight bag. I was worried the doors might shut on me, took me a while to get on!! I'm not a doddery 49 year old!! doddery I am not, as Brucie would say!!
Pity the machines don't have instructions, you know what order to put the information etc. I knew what the words meant but not what order to tap the information in. Ticket destination, when to put in the money etc. A lady seen me struggling and helped me, I was a bit shaky and hot from my climb, it was around 32 degrees. :tongue
Sanji, thank you for the offer of the help, I would have been pleased to see and speak to you, and, we could have had a drink :cheers

Dawnie-Rob
Sanji.I got a taxi from the airport he said €25 I said no got him down to €20. I later in the week went to the Information Centre in La Cariheula and asked about the taxis and she said it should have been €15

The hotel Pez Espada is just a short walk away from the hotel Tiburon and a couple of minutes further away (if that) in a taxi.
The last time I paid 15 euros for a taxi from Malaga Airport (daytime and not a fiesta day) was years ago.
So, I wouldn't believe what she told you......years ago it went each year from €12 to €15 to €18 and after the petrol /fuel price hike, it jumped to €20.
I got a taxi and it cost me €22, but I was a good 15 mins walking further from the Tiburon in Montemar, and more importantly, I was in another price zone.
The Tiburon will come in the same price zone as the Pez Espada, which cost me €20 in June of this year.

You walked with cases to Montemar train station.? OMG !!!!!
The girl in the tourist office would have been better informing you, that you could have caught the local (L1) bus that runs every half hour passed the Tiburon, and the bus stop in Montemar is just passed the bridge.... so, you hit the button on the bus as it's going over the bridge.
Walk just a teeny little bit further up on that side of the road, cross over the pelican crossing and walk back down straight into the station. ....cost either €1.15 or €1.20.

I know it's a bit late now posting this information, but if you'd been more decisive about your transfer plans, me and others could have helped you......Please don't take that the wrong way, I just hate to hear of people struggling, when we could have helped you with information.

Sanji
Hi all
I asked her about the station, but she did not mention anything about a bus. I did say I planned to walk it, she said the station was a bit of a way, and she just suggested getting a taxi to the airport.
By the way I kept finding the information office shut, it was on the off chance I actually found it open.
I seen nice hotels walking around the one you stayed at sanji looked really nice. So did the Amaragua
Dawnie-Rob

I was just thinking off topic, years ago didn't HT have a day when members had a get together, or am I imagining it?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.