Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
The area you mentioned is called Montemar...or it's proper name is Montemar Bajo because the area above the main coastal road is called Montemar Alto...... Bajo means low/below. Alto means high/upper/tall with the coastal road separating the area in the middle.

The street is called Calle Salvador Allende and the British/Irish bars will be open...or the ones still in business should be.

Hotel La Barracuda, I haven't stayed there , but I did notice last week that by the side of the front entrance and attached to the wall there was a huge sign giving notice about a programme of modernisation/refurbishment.
I don't know if that has taken place and the board hasn't been removed, or is currently taking place or will be happening shortly.

Sanji
Thank you Sanji
The information especially about the Hotel Barracuda is very welcome as I haven't booked accommodation yet but will enquire about refurbishment. :cheers I notice you advise regularly about this area and La Carihuela (which has a special place in my heart :tup ). The last time we were in Torre, Paul's Office bar were advertising accommodation to rent. Do you know if they have contact details? Can you recommend any accommodation near Hotel Barracuda or Sol Timor? Not too expensive though. We will be arriving on 28th October for 10 days.

Many thanks again.
carol

We have just booked a week half board at the Barracuda, arriving on November 1st, so I hope it's alright. The website doesn't mention anything about refurbishment but there is an email address on their guest book for asking questions.

Dave
Sanji

I've had a reply from the hotel and they say there are no renovations taking place in November.

Dave
Great news Dave...
Have a nice holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.