EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Debrose, send a pm to Chelsea Boy, he has lived just outside Marmaris for a number of years and he would be the one to best advise you on which way to go. Also, there is John Toohey if he is still about. All the best.

Les
Just be aware that if you bought a bar or restaurant or some holiday homes you would only have an income 6 months of the year and that you would also need a work visa to actually be able to work in your own bar or restaurant.

I used to live in Turkey and winter in a tourist resort can be hard sometimes.

Kedi
Bar/Restauraunts are very rarely sold in eithier resort as they are mostly all rented, You could try renting but you wont be able to work untill such times they grant you a work permit and this is by no means easy to obtain in a hurry, If you do work without the permit and if caught you face deportation with the clothes that you have on and any property you own then becomes that of the State.
If I was you I would make contact with the British consulate in Marmaris next time you go over where you can obtain the best advice possible.
Hey thanks for all the info, it seems it's not all that simple
One further thing, If your asked to invest some money in a Bar/Restauraunt dont do it as you will be conned big time and get nothing back whatsoever, It's happened to others many times in the past.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.