Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
The location.? IMO: Heaven on Earth, :wink: La Barracuda is in an excellent position, it's a front line hotel with the main entrance just up a side street and the hotel gardens and gate that lead directly onto the promenade"¦if you get a room overlooking the pool, you'll have a fantastic view of the beach/sea and Benalmadena Puerto Marina.

I've had a look around this hotel and I quite fancy it myself as an alternative to the Pez Espada, which is another front line hotel a little further down the promenade.
The hotel is very popular with the Spanish and whilst I haven't seen the bedrooms or tasted the food, when we looked around it, the restaurant was open and the food looked OK, the Spanish were getting stuck in.
I don't know if you are familiar with this area, but to make things simple, the hotel is situated in La Carihuela, which is situated between Torremolinos town centre and Benalmadena.....(although it's actually situated in a district called Montemar.)

Benalmadena Puerto Marina is a 10 minute (if that) stroll away from the hotel and here you will find plenty of entertainment, I mean Benalmadena Puerto is THE place to be..........just behind the hotel there are plenty of bars, but these are "low key" compared to the Puerto, and if you walk towards Torremolinos you come to the "centre" of La Carihuela and here there are other bars, although not much in the way of entertainment"¦..this area is more geared to eateries.

Torremolinos town centre is a short taxi ride away or from La Barracuda about 25mins walk"¦..not really worth walking when you can get a taxi to Calle San Miguel ( the main street in Torremolinos) for 6 or 7 euros max.

There are several videos in the video library showing the promenade and Benalmadena Puerto.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=87

If you do decide to go B&B, you will be spoilt for choice for somewhere to eat, La Carihuela is world famous for its fish restaurants, but there are plenty of other cuisine's on your doorstep.

Sanjiiiiiii
Has anyone stayed at this hotel, i have been past it and noticed the the enterance at the front was all flat,i dont think they have disabled rooms but i just wondered about the rest of it, thanks
Off to La Barracuda on sunday and I was wondering if anyone who has stayed there can tell me if there are kettles, cups etc in the rooms??

Thanks

Dave
I would take your own kettle and cups, it is very rare that Spainish hotels provide them.

Have a nice time, will you do a review when you get back.
sorry Christine - I didn't see your post until I returned. You were right. Although the rooms had a kitchenette there were no kettles/crockery/cutlery - but we had taken our own.

Yes a review is on its way - I just need to get it typed!!

Dave
Thanks, didn`t realise they had a kitchenette. I hope you had a lovely time and look forward to reading your report.
We havent been self catering very often but we thought that all the apartments/hotels in most Countries that offer holiday accommodation would provide the basics, i.e. a kettle, cutlery, crockery etc for the purpose of self catering.
I can understand that 'room only' is just that - just a room with a bathroon - no cooking or entertaining but now you have me worried - do people really take kettles, cups, glasses, cutlery, etc when going on a self catering holiday?
We take all that when staying b/b. h/b and a/i but surely not s/c?
we were half board, Suzie. I would assume if self catering was an option then the basics would be provided.

We take a kettle and cups if we are not self catering coz you can't always get a cuppa when you want one !! And usually the teabags aren't what you would buy at home ;)
Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.