Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I particularly like L'Aroma in Fish Alley and La Caracola opposite the Old London Pub. L'Aroma are doing a set menue right now which is really good value for money. This will probably still be on in February as I suspect it's only there to get as much of the Winter business as possible. It will be gone before Summer kicks in.
A little Italian Restaurant called Magherita. If you are approaching from the port its the side street before the Angela Hotel off the Paeso Maritimo.
aroma is ok (alittle over priced imho and i dont know where the l' comes from),be wary that fish alley is hit and miss

a good steak,go to ponchos everyone knows its the best steak in town,again a little pricey but worth it,just try the rib eye
breakfasts,well you get what you pay for generally,many places doing 1.95 stuff,i would avoid these,so where to go?
i dont eat breakfast out but noticed that plan b on sea front near port is good,fools and horses on sea front in los boliches looked good
cheap deals i recommend the marina bar on the port,homemade stuff 4 euros,pies lasagne etc(daytime only)

the wok chinese buffet is the only chinky worth going to

casa robertos near the post office is good for the atmosphere,its kind of unique

the thing is there are so many amateurs here you have to be careful with brit bars

and if its your thing try the sardine stuff from the spanish beach bars but be wary of the wine/salad/chips etc

i have no connection with any of these establishments,had a bar here for a few years,now sold,just my opinions,i cant tell you what the bad places are as admin wont allow it,but if you pm me i can tell you where to avoid
Another good restaurant is Don Jesus, if you cross the road from the main entrance of the open air market site go down the steps and its in that street as you walk towards the sea.

But you will need to book as its full most nights.
L'Aroma, as someone has said, is good but pricy. Other excellent ones in the vicinity are Don Pe (0034952 478351), around the corner from L'Aroma, and on one of the main Fish Alley corners, a lovely place called Unique. Our favourite is slightly further down in Los Boliches but worth the walk or five euro taxi. El Bravo is superb and managed by a Victor Meldrew double, but only in looks. He runs a fantastic house. For the people going in February, we had our Valentine's Night dinner there last year and it was brilliant, the food and the atmosphere. We eat there summer and winter and have never been disappointed... so popular you mostly need to book...0034952 585417. The Cigne (swan) Chinese on the Alley is also cheap and cheerful.
Jimg

Whereabouts in Los Boliches is El Bravo?
Hmmmm.. you know the big square, on the front, with the big pillar statue? Large Chinese restaurant on the corner, on the Fuengi side? Just walk down the wee narrow street towards Fuengi from there, about five to six minutes walk max... El Bravo is on the left-hand side, on a corner, with a Tex-Mex on the corner opposite. Can't recommend it highly enough. Use the phone number in the post above, if those directions don't make sense (they do in my head but then so does my singing).
Hope that helps.
Cheers jimg, I'll give it a try in February.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.