Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I would start by looking at Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas, their ships are beautiful with activities galore for every age group. They have kids clubs, teen club, ice skating, flow rider, rock climbing wall, several pools, sports courts, entertainment of all kinds and of course all those wonderful resorts to visit. You would not get bored on this ship. She sails from Southampton.
They have shorter cruises that start from Barcelona, Venice, Rome or Malaga, depending on what part of the Med you want to see. Have a look at http://www.rccl.co.uk there is plenty to get you interested or get some brochures. During school holidays there will be plenty of other kids on board.
Hi Diane we did the Med cruise last July on Voyager of the Seas out of Barcelona had 4 nights pre cruise in Barcelona
which worked out well,we had our 12yr old grandson with us and he had a wonderful time so much that we hardly ever
saw him,he made so many friends,he also enjoyed the tour of Barcelona camp nou.We booked it all our selves, cruise,
flights & hotel with no problems,have a great cruise :)
annx
I too would recommend RCI for anyone with children or teenagers and they certainly do cater well for youngsters. It will be a fun ship with plenty to do for everyone.

Sue
Thanks for your replys, decided to go with royal caribbean and adventure of the seas round the med in august cant wait now though. Lots of questions though opted out of the tipping as we were told once on the ship we can say we wish to choose who we tip. I know this is an american thing and theres been lots of discussions on the matter but I do really think its a cheek having to be told to tip. No where else do you get this, for instance Turkey they cant do enough for you there but they dont insist on a tip. I feel its just a way for the cruise companies to pay low wages why we subsidise them with tips. Ive heard they supply you with envelopes at the end of the cruise, but how do you decide how much to put in, as in reality you could put a £1 in if you wanted not that you would but do you see where Im coming from. Well I suppose I will have alot more questions nearer the time. Bye for now Diane.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.