Hi Everybody including Sam :)

My sister in the UK emailed this morning to say she's thinking of joining us in Phuket in October [not like I haven't been hinting for years for her to do this :rofl ] that is providing she can get the time off work so fingers crossed.

Can anyone tell me what prices they would expect to pay for airfare LHR-HKT? From what I have seen online Thai come in cheaper and have the best schedules ... so not too long to wait at BKK for connections.

I've rung our Australian travel agent and I can purchase a 'Land content only' for my sister so they may need just to buy the airfare. I know from my own experience that packages are often cheaper than DYI, however, some of the websites don't offer the 2 for 1 deal.

The hotel in question is the Metadee Resort at Kata Beach, Phuket and I have a quote of 14 nights (includes 7 nights free) in a Deluxe direct pool access room, breakfast and transfers to and from the airport. Price is $1,334 AUD. (753 pounds) That's for room and not per person. Do you guys think it's a good deal... It is for me but I'm not used to Pommy pricing :D

I'm not familiar with UK websites so can anyone point me to the right direction.

Thanks and Cheers Geri